Aug 17, 2010, 4:33 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez tweaked his calf muscle in last night’s game and is out of the lineup tonight. There’s a chance he could pinch hit, but for now he’s day-to-day.
In his place: Ramiro Pena. Nothin’ personal against Pena, but is there a bigger falloff between the starter and his backup in all of Major League Baseball than the falloff from A-Rod to Pena? At least for backups who get used a fairly decent amount of the time?
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)