Aug 17, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez tweaked his calf muscle in last night’s game and is out of the lineup tonight. There’s a chance he could pinch hit, but for now he’s day-to-day.
In his place: Ramiro Pena. Nothin’ personal against Pena, but is there a bigger falloff between the starter and his backup in all of Major League Baseball than the falloff from A-Rod to Pena? At least for backups who get used a fairly decent amount of the time?
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 17
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 12
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)