Aug 17, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez tweaked his calf muscle in last night’s game and is out of the lineup tonight. There’s a chance he could pinch hit, but for now he’s day-to-day.
In his place: Ramiro Pena. Nothin’ personal against Pena, but is there a bigger falloff between the starter and his backup in all of Major League Baseball than the falloff from A-Rod to Pena? At least for backups who get used a fairly decent amount of the time?
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)