Aug 17, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez tweaked his calf muscle in last night’s game and is out of the lineup tonight. There’s a chance he could pinch hit, but for now he’s day-to-day.
In his place: Ramiro Pena. Nothin’ personal against Pena, but is there a bigger falloff between the starter and his backup in all of Major League Baseball than the falloff from A-Rod to Pena? At least for backups who get used a fairly decent amount of the time?
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 8
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 59
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)