Aug 17, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte felt discomfort during a bullpen session Tuesday and will undergo an MRI on the strained left groin that’s had him on the DL for almost a month.
Pettitte finished his 40-pitch session at Yankee Stadium, but he admitted afterwards that he still wasn’t quite right.
“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling better,” he said. “But when I reach back 100 percent, like I’m trying to get a batter out in a game, the groin area grabs.”
If the MRI comes back clean, Pettitte could resume his rehab without a misstep. However, it’s definitely appearing less likely that he’ll rejoin the Yankee rotation prior to Sept. 1. Dustin Moseley has been filling in for him.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)