Aug 17, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte felt discomfort during a bullpen session Tuesday and will undergo an MRI on the strained left groin that’s had him on the DL for almost a month.
Pettitte finished his 40-pitch session at Yankee Stadium, but he admitted afterwards that he still wasn’t quite right.
“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling better,” he said. “But when I reach back 100 percent, like I’m trying to get a batter out in a game, the groin area grabs.”
If the MRI comes back clean, Pettitte could resume his rehab without a misstep. However, it’s definitely appearing less likely that he’ll rejoin the Yankee rotation prior to Sept. 1. Dustin Moseley has been filling in for him.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)