Aug 17, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte felt discomfort during a bullpen session Tuesday and will undergo an MRI on the strained left groin that’s had him on the DL for almost a month.
Pettitte finished his 40-pitch session at Yankee Stadium, but he admitted afterwards that he still wasn’t quite right.
“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling better,” he said. “But when I reach back 100 percent, like I’m trying to get a batter out in a game, the groin area grabs.”
If the MRI comes back clean, Pettitte could resume his rehab without a misstep. However, it’s definitely appearing less likely that he’ll rejoin the Yankee rotation prior to Sept. 1. Dustin Moseley has been filling in for him.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)