Aug 17, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte felt discomfort during a bullpen session Tuesday and will undergo an MRI on the strained left groin that’s had him on the DL for almost a month.
Pettitte finished his 40-pitch session at Yankee Stadium, but he admitted afterwards that he still wasn’t quite right.
“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling better,” he said. “But when I reach back 100 percent, like I’m trying to get a batter out in a game, the groin area grabs.”
If the MRI comes back clean, Pettitte could resume his rehab without a misstep. However, it’s definitely appearing less likely that he’ll rejoin the Yankee rotation prior to Sept. 1. Dustin Moseley has been filling in for him.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)