Aug 17, 2010, 7:58 PM EST
Andy Pettitte felt discomfort during a bullpen session Tuesday and will undergo an MRI on the strained left groin that’s had him on the DL for almost a month.
Pettitte finished his 40-pitch session at Yankee Stadium, but he admitted afterwards that he still wasn’t quite right.
“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling better,” he said. “But when I reach back 100 percent, like I’m trying to get a batter out in a game, the groin area grabs.”
If the MRI comes back clean, Pettitte could resume his rehab without a misstep. However, it’s definitely appearing less likely that he’ll rejoin the Yankee rotation prior to Sept. 1. Dustin Moseley has been filling in for him.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)