Aug 17, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
Carlos Guillen injured his left knee turning the game-ending double play against the Yankees last night and initially thought it wasn’t particularly serious, but now he’s out of tonight’s lineup and after undergoing an MRI exam today.
I was fine. Everything was normal. But this morning, when I woke up, I felt a little bit different. I knew there was going to be a little swelling, because he got me pretty good.
“He” in that quote is Brett Gardner, whose slide in an unsuccessful attempt to break up the double play left Guillen hurting. After the game both Guillen and Gardner agreed that it was a clean play, but Guillen has since changed his tune somewhat, telling Jason Beck of MLB.com:
I saw a replay when I got home, and it looked different. He knows.
According to Beck he’s now convinced “it was a late slide.”
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 33
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 59
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- Cardinals reportedly making a strong push to acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 49
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)