Aug 17, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
Carlos Guillen injured his left knee turning the game-ending double play against the Yankees last night and initially thought it wasn’t particularly serious, but now he’s out of tonight’s lineup and after undergoing an MRI exam today.
I was fine. Everything was normal. But this morning, when I woke up, I felt a little bit different. I knew there was going to be a little swelling, because he got me pretty good.
“He” in that quote is Brett Gardner, whose slide in an unsuccessful attempt to break up the double play left Guillen hurting. After the game both Guillen and Gardner agreed that it was a clean play, but Guillen has since changed his tune somewhat, telling Jason Beck of MLB.com:
I saw a replay when I got home, and it looked different. He knows.
According to Beck he’s now convinced “it was a late slide.”
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (184)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)