Aug 17, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
Carlos Guillen injured his left knee turning the game-ending double play against the Yankees last night and initially thought it wasn’t particularly serious, but now he’s out of tonight’s lineup and after undergoing an MRI exam today.
I was fine. Everything was normal. But this morning, when I woke up, I felt a little bit different. I knew there was going to be a little swelling, because he got me pretty good.
“He” in that quote is Brett Gardner, whose slide in an unsuccessful attempt to break up the double play left Guillen hurting. After the game both Guillen and Gardner agreed that it was a clean play, but Guillen has since changed his tune somewhat, telling Jason Beck of MLB.com:
I saw a replay when I got home, and it looked different. He knows.
According to Beck he’s now convinced “it was a late slide.”
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)