Aug 17, 2010, 5:01 PM EST
Only two things wrong with that of course: (1) the doctors haven’t said that he could (and have previously said it’s extremely likely that he couldn’t); and (2) the Red Sox right now have a hell of a lot of work to do if they have any hope of making the playoffs. And that work is much harder without a guy like Kevin Youkilis around.
Other than that, sure, why not man?
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)