Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Big day for previously injured second basemen: the Red Sox have activated Dustin Pedroia from the 15-day disabled list.
Pedroia has been out since
late June with a non-displaced fracture in his foot. He was hitting .292/.370/.502 with 12 home runs, 41 RBI and eight stolen
bases at the time of his injury. In that time the Sox have gone from being at the top of the wild card standings — and a mere game out of first place — to being one game back to today’s five and a half. They need their little guy.
Bonus: he learned how to take grounders from his knees while he was rehabbing, so he’s likely far more versatile now than he’s ever been!
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)