Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Big day for previously injured second basemen: the Red Sox have activated Dustin Pedroia from the 15-day disabled list.
Pedroia has been out since
late June with a non-displaced fracture in his foot. He was hitting .292/.370/.502 with 12 home runs, 41 RBI and eight stolen
bases at the time of his injury. In that time the Sox have gone from being at the top of the wild card standings — and a mere game out of first place — to being one game back to today’s five and a half. They need their little guy.
Bonus: he learned how to take grounders from his knees while he was rehabbing, so he’s likely far more versatile now than he’s ever been!
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 22
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)