Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Big day for previously injured second basemen: the Red Sox have activated Dustin Pedroia from the 15-day disabled list.
Pedroia has been out since
late June with a non-displaced fracture in his foot. He was hitting .292/.370/.502 with 12 home runs, 41 RBI and eight stolen
bases at the time of his injury. In that time the Sox have gone from being at the top of the wild card standings — and a mere game out of first place — to being one game back to today’s five and a half. They need their little guy.
Bonus: he learned how to take grounders from his knees while he was rehabbing, so he’s likely far more versatile now than he’s ever been!
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 4
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 67
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)