Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Big day for previously injured second basemen: the Red Sox have activated Dustin Pedroia from the 15-day disabled list.
Pedroia has been out since
late June with a non-displaced fracture in his foot. He was hitting .292/.370/.502 with 12 home runs, 41 RBI and eight stolen
bases at the time of his injury. In that time the Sox have gone from being at the top of the wild card standings — and a mere game out of first place — to being one game back to today’s five and a half. They need their little guy.
Bonus: he learned how to take grounders from his knees while he was rehabbing, so he’s likely far more versatile now than he’s ever been!
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59