Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Big day for previously injured second basemen: the Red Sox have activated Dustin Pedroia from the 15-day disabled list.
Pedroia has been out since
late June with a non-displaced fracture in his foot. He was hitting .292/.370/.502 with 12 home runs, 41 RBI and eight stolen
bases at the time of his injury. In that time the Sox have gone from being at the top of the wild card standings — and a mere game out of first place — to being one game back to today’s five and a half. They need their little guy.
Bonus: he learned how to take grounders from his knees while he was rehabbing, so he’s likely far more versatile now than he’s ever been!
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)