Aug 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
No, the Braves aren’t going to bring in Aramis Ramirez to replace Chipper Jones, but they did activate Martin Prado from the disabled list this afternoon and he’s starting at third base tonight against the Nationals.
Prado played primarily second base before landing on the DL with a fractured finger on July 30, hitting .315/.357/.484 while making his first All-Star team. He has plenty of previous experience at third base, however, and the Braves apparently prefer him at the hot corner and Omar Infante up the middle.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com speculates that Prado will be the Braves’ everyday third baseman down the stretch.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)