Aug 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
No, the Braves aren’t going to bring in Aramis Ramirez to replace Chipper Jones, but they did activate Martin Prado from the disabled list this afternoon and he’s starting at third base tonight against the Nationals.
Prado played primarily second base before landing on the DL with a fractured finger on July 30, hitting .315/.357/.484 while making his first All-Star team. He has plenty of previous experience at third base, however, and the Braves apparently prefer him at the hot corner and Omar Infante up the middle.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com speculates that Prado will be the Braves’ everyday third baseman down the stretch.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)