Aug 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EST
No, the Braves aren’t going to bring in Aramis Ramirez to replace Chipper Jones, but they did activate Martin Prado from the disabled list this afternoon and he’s starting at third base tonight against the Nationals.
Prado played primarily second base before landing on the DL with a fractured finger on July 30, hitting .315/.357/.484 while making his first All-Star team. He has plenty of previous experience at third base, however, and the Braves apparently prefer him at the hot corner and Omar Infante up the middle.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com speculates that Prado will be the Braves’ everyday third baseman down the stretch.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)