Aug 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EST
No, the Braves aren’t going to bring in Aramis Ramirez to replace Chipper Jones, but they did activate Martin Prado from the disabled list this afternoon and he’s starting at third base tonight against the Nationals.
Prado played primarily second base before landing on the DL with a fractured finger on July 30, hitting .315/.357/.484 while making his first All-Star team. He has plenty of previous experience at third base, however, and the Braves apparently prefer him at the hot corner and Omar Infante up the middle.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com speculates that Prado will be the Braves’ everyday third baseman down the stretch.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27