Aug 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EST
No, the Braves aren’t going to bring in Aramis Ramirez to replace Chipper Jones, but they did activate Martin Prado from the disabled list this afternoon and he’s starting at third base tonight against the Nationals.
Prado played primarily second base before landing on the DL with a fractured finger on July 30, hitting .315/.357/.484 while making his first All-Star team. He has plenty of previous experience at third base, however, and the Braves apparently prefer him at the hot corner and Omar Infante up the middle.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com speculates that Prado will be the Braves’ everyday third baseman down the stretch.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)