Aug 17, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT
I’ve written a couple of times recently that I thought Bobby Valentine would be a good fit for the Mariners. Some people just love to dismiss my opinions, apparently because some know-nothing is saying, no, Valentine and the Mariners aren’t a fit.
What? Oh, it was Bobby Valentine who said that? Ah. Well, yes, I suppose he would know better than me, wouldn’t he?
Well, then. Carry on.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)