Aug 17, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
“From all of my years of watching the Dodgers (and I started paying
attention in 1971), I have never seen a year marked by such whining and
complaining by players, coaches, executives, and even fans.”
– Friend of the blog Bob Timmermann, writing about how the 2010 edition of the Dodgers has been one of the crabbier and finger-pointing seasons in living memory. And he spends many paragraphs providing a comprehensive outline of all of those who have been deemed worthy of blame at one point or another this year.
Yet, despite all of this, Bob can’t look away. Because sometimes that’s just baseball. And he’s a baseball fan.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 75
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)