Aug 17, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
“From all of my years of watching the Dodgers (and I started paying
attention in 1971), I have never seen a year marked by such whining and
complaining by players, coaches, executives, and even fans.”
– Friend of the blog Bob Timmermann, writing about how the 2010 edition of the Dodgers has been one of the crabbier and finger-pointing seasons in living memory. And he spends many paragraphs providing a comprehensive outline of all of those who have been deemed worthy of blame at one point or another this year.
Yet, despite all of this, Bob can’t look away. Because sometimes that’s just baseball. And he’s a baseball fan.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)