Aug 17, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
“From all of my years of watching the Dodgers (and I started paying
attention in 1971), I have never seen a year marked by such whining and
complaining by players, coaches, executives, and even fans.”
– Friend of the blog Bob Timmermann, writing about how the 2010 edition of the Dodgers has been one of the crabbier and finger-pointing seasons in living memory. And he spends many paragraphs providing a comprehensive outline of all of those who have been deemed worthy of blame at one point or another this year.
Yet, despite all of this, Bob can’t look away. Because sometimes that’s just baseball. And he’s a baseball fan.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (111)