Aug 17, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
“From all of my years of watching the Dodgers (and I started paying
attention in 1971), I have never seen a year marked by such whining and
complaining by players, coaches, executives, and even fans.”
– Friend of the blog Bob Timmermann, writing about how the 2010 edition of the Dodgers has been one of the crabbier and finger-pointing seasons in living memory. And he spends many paragraphs providing a comprehensive outline of all of those who have been deemed worthy of blame at one point or another this year.
Yet, despite all of this, Bob can’t look away. Because sometimes that’s just baseball. And he’s a baseball fan.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)