Aug 17, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Last week in Houston we had the guy who jumped out of the way of a foul ball, thereby letting his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend get hit. Much better news today: an Astros fan who makes one hell of a scoop of a foul ball while (a) wearing a nifty throwback jersey; and (b) not even getting off his phone call to do it.
Judges may dock him a point or two for even being on the cellphone during the game, but you can’t take issue with his obvious panache.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (157)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)