Aug 17, 2010, 2:01 PM EST
Last week in Houston we had the guy who jumped out of the way of a foul ball, thereby letting his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend get hit. Much better news today: an Astros fan who makes one hell of a scoop of a foul ball while (a) wearing a nifty throwback jersey; and (b) not even getting off his phone call to do it.
Judges may dock him a point or two for even being on the cellphone during the game, but you can’t take issue with his obvious panache.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 40
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)