Aug 17, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Last week in Houston we had the guy who jumped out of the way of a foul ball, thereby letting his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend get hit. Much better news today: an Astros fan who makes one hell of a scoop of a foul ball while (a) wearing a nifty throwback jersey; and (b) not even getting off his phone call to do it.
Judges may dock him a point or two for even being on the cellphone during the game, but you can’t take issue with his obvious panache.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)