Aug 17, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Last week in Houston we had the guy who jumped out of the way of a foul ball, thereby letting his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend get hit. Much better news today: an Astros fan who makes one hell of a scoop of a foul ball while (a) wearing a nifty throwback jersey; and (b) not even getting off his phone call to do it.
Judges may dock him a point or two for even being on the cellphone during the game, but you can’t take issue with his obvious panache.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 9
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)