Aug 17, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Tonight the Twins and White Sox begin a three-game series at Target Field that could go a long way toward determining the AL Central champion, and during a recent radio interview Chicago bullpen coach Juan Nieves suggested that his pitchers throw at Minnesota hitters in an effort to start a brawl.
I’ve even thought of telling guys, “hey [Matt] Thornton, smoke [Joe] Mauer, see if you can start a fight.” We’re not afraid of anybody.
If you can’t beat ‘em, throw at ‘em, I guess.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)