Aug 17, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Tonight the Twins and White Sox begin a three-game series at Target Field that could go a long way toward determining the AL Central champion, and during a recent radio interview Chicago bullpen coach Juan Nieves suggested that his pitchers throw at Minnesota hitters in an effort to start a brawl.
I’ve even thought of telling guys, “hey [Matt] Thornton, smoke [Joe] Mauer, see if you can start a fight.” We’re not afraid of anybody.
If you can’t beat ’em, throw at ’em, I guess.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)