Aug 17, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Tonight the Twins and White Sox begin a three-game series at Target Field that could go a long way toward determining the AL Central champion, and during a recent radio interview Chicago bullpen coach Juan Nieves suggested that his pitchers throw at Minnesota hitters in an effort to start a brawl.
I’ve even thought of telling guys, “hey [Matt] Thornton, smoke [Joe] Mauer, see if you can start a fight.” We’re not afraid of anybody.
If you can’t beat ‘em, throw at ‘em, I guess.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)