Aug 17, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Tonight the Twins and White Sox begin a three-game series at Target Field that could go a long way toward determining the AL Central champion, and during a recent radio interview Chicago bullpen coach Juan Nieves suggested that his pitchers throw at Minnesota hitters in an effort to start a brawl.
I’ve even thought of telling guys, “hey [Matt] Thornton, smoke [Joe] Mauer, see if you can start a fight.” We’re not afraid of anybody.
If you can’t beat ‘em, throw at ‘em, I guess.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 8
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)