Aug 17, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Tonight the Twins and White Sox begin a three-game series at Target Field that could go a long way toward determining the AL Central champion, and during a recent radio interview Chicago bullpen coach Juan Nieves suggested that his pitchers throw at Minnesota hitters in an effort to start a brawl.
I’ve even thought of telling guys, “hey [Matt] Thornton, smoke [Joe] Mauer, see if you can start a fight.” We’re not afraid of anybody.
If you can’t beat ’em, throw at ’em, I guess.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 56
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Report: Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player, not just as a manager (148)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- First-ever female baseball player added to MLB’s international registration list (104)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (98)