Aug 18, 2010, 3:31 PM EST
Jon Paul Morosi caught up with Joe Torre yesterday, and based on a bunch of quotes — which I’m not going to reproduce; click through and read them — concludes that Torre is leaning strongly towards retiring.
Maybe there’s more going on than we know and Torre’s comments were all prefaced with a big disclaimer or something, but I can see, based solely on what Torre is saying, why Morosi concludes that Torre is going to retire. I mean, when you start talking about watching your kids grow up (and Torre has a teenage daughter), you probably mean business.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 96
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)