Aug 18, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi caught up with Joe Torre yesterday, and based on a bunch of quotes — which I’m not going to reproduce; click through and read them — concludes that Torre is leaning strongly towards retiring.
Maybe there’s more going on than we know and Torre’s comments were all prefaced with a big disclaimer or something, but I can see, based solely on what Torre is saying, why Morosi concludes that Torre is going to retire. I mean, when you start talking about watching your kids grow up (and Torre has a teenage daughter), you probably mean business.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)