Aug 18, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi caught up with Joe Torre yesterday, and based on a bunch of quotes — which I’m not going to reproduce; click through and read them — concludes that Torre is leaning strongly towards retiring.
Maybe there’s more going on than we know and Torre’s comments were all prefaced with a big disclaimer or something, but I can see, based solely on what Torre is saying, why Morosi concludes that Torre is going to retire. I mean, when you start talking about watching your kids grow up (and Torre has a teenage daughter), you probably mean business.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)