Aug 18, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi caught up with Joe Torre yesterday, and based on a bunch of quotes — which I’m not going to reproduce; click through and read them — concludes that Torre is leaning strongly towards retiring.
Maybe there’s more going on than we know and Torre’s comments were all prefaced with a big disclaimer or something, but I can see, based solely on what Torre is saying, why Morosi concludes that Torre is going to retire. I mean, when you start talking about watching your kids grow up (and Torre has a teenage daughter), you probably mean business.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)