Aug 18, 2010, 3:31 PM EST
Jon Paul Morosi caught up with Joe Torre yesterday, and based on a bunch of quotes — which I’m not going to reproduce; click through and read them — concludes that Torre is leaning strongly towards retiring.
Maybe there’s more going on than we know and Torre’s comments were all prefaced with a big disclaimer or something, but I can see, based solely on what Torre is saying, why Morosi concludes that Torre is going to retire. I mean, when you start talking about watching your kids grow up (and Torre has a teenage daughter), you probably mean business.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)