Aug 18, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
Mike Cameron has been on the disabled list since August 2nd, and based on his comments last night, he’s not coming off for the rest of the season:
“We’re in a position now where we need all of the healthy — physically and mentally — guys possible playing in the field. Me trying to play 65 percent is probably not beneficial to the
ballclub at the moment.”
How accurate that “physically and mentally” comment is depends on whether you think Dustin Pedroia is nuts or the healthiest guy on the planet (and really, I can be convinced of either one of these possibilities).
Anyway, that’s likely the end of Mike Cameron’s 2010 season. It ends with a .259/.328/.401 line in 48 games, but never really got going considering the abdominal stuff started around ten games into the season. He’ll have surgery and will likely be back in the spring. Though at his age (i.e. my age) there are never any promises when it comes to injury rehab.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)