Aug 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported yesterday that the Orioles won’t be trading Luke Scott after pulling him back off waivers, and now Dan Connolly and Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun report that the same is true for Ty Wigginton.
Scott is under team control through 2012, so the decision not to trade him could be based in the Orioles thinking they’ll get better value at another time, but Wigginton is a 32-year-old impending free agent coming off his only All-Star selection and MLB Trade Rumors calculates that he won’t qualify for Type A of Type B status.
In other words, in a couple months the Orioles will likely lose Wigginton for nothing.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)