Aug 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported yesterday that the Orioles won’t be trading Luke Scott after pulling him back off waivers, and now Dan Connolly and Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun report that the same is true for Ty Wigginton.
Scott is under team control through 2012, so the decision not to trade him could be based in the Orioles thinking they’ll get better value at another time, but Wigginton is a 32-year-old impending free agent coming off his only All-Star selection and MLB Trade Rumors calculates that he won’t qualify for Type A of Type B status.
In other words, in a couple months the Orioles will likely lose Wigginton for nothing.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11