Aug 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported yesterday that the Orioles won’t be trading Luke Scott after pulling him back off waivers, and now Dan Connolly and Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun report that the same is true for Ty Wigginton.
Scott is under team control through 2012, so the decision not to trade him could be based in the Orioles thinking they’ll get better value at another time, but Wigginton is a 32-year-old impending free agent coming off his only All-Star selection and MLB Trade Rumors calculates that he won’t qualify for Type A of Type B status.
In other words, in a couple months the Orioles will likely lose Wigginton for nothing.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)