Aug 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported yesterday that the Orioles won’t be trading Luke Scott after pulling him back off waivers, and now Dan Connolly and Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun report that the same is true for Ty Wigginton.
Scott is under team control through 2012, so the decision not to trade him could be based in the Orioles thinking they’ll get better value at another time, but Wigginton is a 32-year-old impending free agent coming off his only All-Star selection and MLB Trade Rumors calculates that he won’t qualify for Type A of Type B status.
In other words, in a couple months the Orioles will likely lose Wigginton for nothing.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)