Aug 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the rumored trade sending Derrek Lee to the Braves is a “done deal” and the Cubs will receive pitching prospects Robinson Lopez, Tyrelle Harris, and Jeffrey Lorick in exchange for the impending free agent first baseman.
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs will “pick up some salary” as part of the deal.
Lee is 34 years old, in the midst of arguably the worst season of his career, and has been sidelined by back problems, but he’s hit .315/.359/.542 with six homers and nine doubles over the past 30 games and … well, it won’t take much to be an upgrade over Troy Glaus right now.
Last month Lee turned down a potential trade to the Angels, who were hovering around .500, but the Braves own the NL’s second-best record and obviously represent a much better chance for a deep postseason run.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 0
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 78
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 61
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)