Aug 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the rumored trade sending Derrek Lee to the Braves is a “done deal” and the Cubs will receive pitching prospects Robinson Lopez, Tyrelle Harris, and Jeffrey Lorick in exchange for the impending free agent first baseman.
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs will “pick up some salary” as part of the deal.
Lee is 34 years old, in the midst of arguably the worst season of his career, and has been sidelined by back problems, but he’s hit .315/.359/.542 with six homers and nine doubles over the past 30 games and … well, it won’t take much to be an upgrade over Troy Glaus right now.
Last month Lee turned down a potential trade to the Angels, who were hovering around .500, but the Braves own the NL’s second-best record and obviously represent a much better chance for a deep postseason run.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 22
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)