Aug 19, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia, who went 1-for-7 in his first two games back from a broken left foot, had to be scratched from Thursday’s lineup with soreness in the same area.
Jed Lowrie is filling in as the Red Sox go for a three-game sweep versus the Angels.
It’s been obvious since he returned that Pedroia is still hobbled by the foot. Fortunately, the Red Sox have a hot hitter to plug into his place. Lowrie is batting .308/.429/.538 in 52 at-bats since making his season debut last month. He’s homered in his last two appearances.
No word yet on whether Pedroia will be available off the bench. It sounds as though he’s day-to-day.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)