Aug 19, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia, who went 1-for-7 in his first two games back from a broken left foot, had to be scratched from Thursday’s lineup with soreness in the same area.
Jed Lowrie is filling in as the Red Sox go for a three-game sweep versus the Angels.
It’s been obvious since he returned that Pedroia is still hobbled by the foot. Fortunately, the Red Sox have a hot hitter to plug into his place. Lowrie is batting .308/.429/.538 in 52 at-bats since making his season debut last month. He’s homered in his last two appearances.
No word yet on whether Pedroia will be available off the bench. It sounds as though he’s day-to-day.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)