Aug 19, 2010, 5:48 PM EST
Rod Barajas has returned from the disabled list and the Mets made room for him on the roster by demoting Fernando Martinez back to Triple-A.
Martinez’s latest stint with the Mets lasted 12 days, during which time he started just five times and got all of 22 plate appearances. His return to the minors seemingly means Jeff Francoeur is back to being an everyday player.
And why not? After all, Francoeur is hitting .234/.292/.375 overall this season for the worst OPS of any corner outfielder in the league and he’s batting .167 in his last 20 games.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)