Aug 19, 2010, 5:48 PM EDT
Rod Barajas has returned from the disabled list and the Mets made room for him on the roster by demoting Fernando Martinez back to Triple-A.
Martinez’s latest stint with the Mets lasted 12 days, during which time he started just five times and got all of 22 plate appearances. His return to the minors seemingly means Jeff Francoeur is back to being an everyday player.
And why not? After all, Francoeur is hitting .234/.292/.375 overall this season for the worst OPS of any corner outfielder in the league and he’s batting .167 in his last 20 games.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)