Aug 19, 2010, 5:48 PM EDT
Rod Barajas has returned from the disabled list and the Mets made room for him on the roster by demoting Fernando Martinez back to Triple-A.
Martinez’s latest stint with the Mets lasted 12 days, during which time he started just five times and got all of 22 plate appearances. His return to the minors seemingly means Jeff Francoeur is back to being an everyday player.
And why not? After all, Francoeur is hitting .234/.292/.375 overall this season for the worst OPS of any corner outfielder in the league and he’s batting .167 in his last 20 games.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)