Aug 19, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
“For all those people there saying it was my fault about Jim Thome, yes
it’s my fault. If those people don’t like that, f— them.”
– Ozzie Guillen, speaking before yesterday’s game about how his reluctance to have a DH-only player on his roster this season prevented Jim Thome from re-signing with the White Sox. Guillen went on an extended and confusing rant about how Jermaine Dye was better than Jim Thome for the Sox, yet no one complains about him not being there. OK, dude.
For the record, Thome is hitting .273/.391/.593 for the year with 17 homers in 253 plate appearances. White Sox DHs — Mark Kotsay, Andruw Jones, Juan Pierre, and Omar Vizquel — are hitting .239/.308/.411 with 16 homers in 459 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)