Aug 19, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
It was promised and expected and last night it happened: the Players’ Association filed a grievance against the Mets over him being placed on the disqualified list and for deeming his contract non-guaranteed.
You’ve heard me go on and on about this so I won’t bore you with that again. But how telling is it that the Daily News — and several other papers reporting on this — all run immediately to the “will the Mets buy out K-Rod’s contract next year or try to trade him?” analysis. I think it’s safe to say that absolutely no one buys the notion that the Mets are going to prevail on their non-guaranteed contract gambit.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11