Aug 19, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
It was promised and expected and last night it happened: the Players’ Association filed a grievance against the Mets over him being placed on the disqualified list and for deeming his contract non-guaranteed.
You’ve heard me go on and on about this so I won’t bore you with that again. But how telling is it that the Daily News — and several other papers reporting on this — all run immediately to the “will the Mets buy out K-Rod’s contract next year or try to trade him?” analysis. I think it’s safe to say that absolutely no one buys the notion that the Mets are going to prevail on their non-guaranteed contract gambit.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17