Aug 19, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
It was promised and expected and last night it happened: the Players’ Association filed a grievance against the Mets over him being placed on the disqualified list and for deeming his contract non-guaranteed.
You’ve heard me go on and on about this so I won’t bore you with that again. But how telling is it that the Daily News — and several other papers reporting on this — all run immediately to the “will the Mets buy out K-Rod’s contract next year or try to trade him?” analysis. I think it’s safe to say that absolutely no one buys the notion that the Mets are going to prevail on their non-guaranteed contract gambit.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 27
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (111)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)