Aug 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Via Wezen-Ball comes the transcript of Vin Scully trying to make sense of Troy Tulowitzki’s mullet last night. I haven’t heard the audio, but the transcript makes him sound about as smooth with this as he is with everything else:
. . . he made an off-balance throw and he got Blake at first base and, in
reading the Colorado paper about the game, they said his throw was just a
little bit longer than the mullet that he wears . . . And I remember reading that and I thought
‘Mullet? Mullet’s a fish!’ So, we went on the computer and it’s both!
It’s a hairdo and a fish. But there’s nothing fishy about this kid – he
can really play. Troy batting .321.
I’m convinced that Scully could recite the entire lyrical canon of Motley Crue and make it sound like a million bucks based just on his delivery.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)