Aug 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Via Wezen-Ball comes the transcript of Vin Scully trying to make sense of Troy Tulowitzki’s mullet last night. I haven’t heard the audio, but the transcript makes him sound about as smooth with this as he is with everything else:
. . . he made an off-balance throw and he got Blake at first base and, in
reading the Colorado paper about the game, they said his throw was just a
little bit longer than the mullet that he wears . . . And I remember reading that and I thought
‘Mullet? Mullet’s a fish!’ So, we went on the computer and it’s both!
It’s a hairdo and a fish. But there’s nothing fishy about this kid – he
can really play. Troy batting .321.
I’m convinced that Scully could recite the entire lyrical canon of Motley Crue and make it sound like a million bucks based just on his delivery.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)