Aug 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Via Wezen-Ball comes the transcript of Vin Scully trying to make sense of Troy Tulowitzki’s mullet last night. I haven’t heard the audio, but the transcript makes him sound about as smooth with this as he is with everything else:
. . . he made an off-balance throw and he got Blake at first base and, in
reading the Colorado paper about the game, they said his throw was just a
little bit longer than the mullet that he wears . . . And I remember reading that and I thought
‘Mullet? Mullet’s a fish!’ So, we went on the computer and it’s both!
It’s a hairdo and a fish. But there’s nothing fishy about this kid – he
can really play. Troy batting .321.
I’m convinced that Scully could recite the entire lyrical canon of Motley Crue and make it sound like a million bucks based just on his delivery.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)