Aug 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Via Wezen-Ball comes the transcript of Vin Scully trying to make sense of Troy Tulowitzki’s mullet last night. I haven’t heard the audio, but the transcript makes him sound about as smooth with this as he is with everything else:
. . . he made an off-balance throw and he got Blake at first base and, in
reading the Colorado paper about the game, they said his throw was just a
little bit longer than the mullet that he wears . . . And I remember reading that and I thought
‘Mullet? Mullet’s a fish!’ So, we went on the computer and it’s both!
It’s a hairdo and a fish. But there’s nothing fishy about this kid – he
can really play. Troy batting .321.
I’m convinced that Scully could recite the entire lyrical canon of Motley Crue and make it sound like a million bucks based just on his delivery.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)