Aug 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Via Wezen-Ball comes the transcript of Vin Scully trying to make sense of Troy Tulowitzki’s mullet last night. I haven’t heard the audio, but the transcript makes him sound about as smooth with this as he is with everything else:
. . . he made an off-balance throw and he got Blake at first base and, in
reading the Colorado paper about the game, they said his throw was just a
little bit longer than the mullet that he wears . . . And I remember reading that and I thought
‘Mullet? Mullet’s a fish!’ So, we went on the computer and it’s both!
It’s a hairdo and a fish. But there’s nothing fishy about this kid – he
can really play. Troy batting .321.
I’m convinced that Scully could recite the entire lyrical canon of Motley Crue and make it sound like a million bucks based just on his delivery.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)