Aug 20, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Marlins outfielder Cody Ross was much talked about at the trade deadline but ultimately nothin’ happened. Now he’s on waivers, however, and Jayson Stark is reporting that an NL team has claimed him — Ken Rosenthal says it’s the Giants — and that the Marlins are discussing a possible trade.
Of course, what put the kibosh on a Ross trade at the deadline was that the Marlins were reportedly asking a ton for the guy, so a deal is by no means assured.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 34
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)