Aug 20, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Cody Ross was much talked about at the trade deadline but ultimately nothin’ happened. Now he’s on waivers, however, and Jayson Stark is reporting that an NL team has claimed him — Ken Rosenthal says it’s the Giants — and that the Marlins are discussing a possible trade.
Of course, what put the kibosh on a Ross trade at the deadline was that the Marlins were reportedly asking a ton for the guy, so a deal is by no means assured.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)