Aug 20, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Cody Ross was much talked about at the trade deadline but ultimately nothin’ happened. Now he’s on waivers, however, and Jayson Stark is reporting that an NL team has claimed him — Ken Rosenthal says it’s the Giants — and that the Marlins are discussing a possible trade.
Of course, what put the kibosh on a Ross trade at the deadline was that the Marlins were reportedly asking a ton for the guy, so a deal is by no means assured.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 64
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 30
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (188)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)