Aug 20, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Cody Ross was much talked about at the trade deadline but ultimately nothin’ happened. Now he’s on waivers, however, and Jayson Stark is reporting that an NL team has claimed him — Ken Rosenthal says it’s the Giants — and that the Marlins are discussing a possible trade.
Of course, what put the kibosh on a Ross trade at the deadline was that the Marlins were reportedly asking a ton for the guy, so a deal is by no means assured.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 2
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)