Aug 20, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia got all kinds of props for taking ground balls from his knees and pushing to get back in the lineup as soon as possible. Seems that the gritty toughness is not the better part of valor, because he just got put on the disabled list again. Too much pain in his ankle, he says.
Pedroia has gone 1 for 7 in two games since coming back. No word on how long he’ll be gone, but he won’t be eligible to come off the DL until September 1st, assuming he was placed on the DL retroactive to Wednesday night, which was when he last saw action.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)