Aug 20, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia got all kinds of props for taking ground balls from his knees and pushing to get back in the lineup as soon as possible. Seems that the gritty toughness is not the better part of valor, because he just got put on the disabled list again. Too much pain in his ankle, he says.
Pedroia has gone 1 for 7 in two games since coming back. No word on how long he’ll be gone, but he won’t be eligible to come off the DL until September 1st, assuming he was placed on the DL retroactive to Wednesday night, which was when he last saw action.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)