Aug 20, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia got all kinds of props for taking ground balls from his knees and pushing to get back in the lineup as soon as possible. Seems that the gritty toughness is not the better part of valor, because he just got put on the disabled list again. Too much pain in his ankle, he says.
Pedroia has gone 1 for 7 in two games since coming back. No word on how long he’ll be gone, but he won’t be eligible to come off the DL until September 1st, assuming he was placed on the DL retroactive to Wednesday night, which was when he last saw action.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)