Aug 20, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia got all kinds of props for taking ground balls from his knees and pushing to get back in the lineup as soon as possible. Seems that the gritty toughness is not the better part of valor, because he just got put on the disabled list again. Too much pain in his ankle, he says.
Pedroia has gone 1 for 7 in two games since coming back. No word on how long he’ll be gone, but he won’t be eligible to come off the DL until September 1st, assuming he was placed on the DL retroactive to Wednesday night, which was when he last saw action.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)