Aug 20, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia got all kinds of props for taking ground balls from his knees and pushing to get back in the lineup as soon as possible. Seems that the gritty toughness is not the better part of valor, because he just got put on the disabled list again. Too much pain in his ankle, he says.
Pedroia has gone 1 for 7 in two games since coming back. No word on how long he’ll be gone, but he won’t be eligible to come off the DL until September 1st, assuming he was placed on the DL retroactive to Wednesday night, which was when he last saw action.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)