Takin' a little time off

Aug 20, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT

As I mentioned in this morning’s recaps, I’m going to be taking a little time off. All next week to be precise. I’ll be back on Monday, August 30th.  Yes, I’m going out of town, but it’s to a secret undisclosed location that may or may not look like the pic to the right.

I don’t relish the idea
of a vacation. I love my job, I live for baseball and blogging and being away from the
computer for a week is going test the limits of my patience and maybe
even my sanity.

But that’s also probably evidence that I really do need a vacation. With
the exception of an odd Friday here or there it’s been a while since I took any real time off and I probably could use the time to sharpen the saw or whatever those doorknobs who put together those motivational posters say. Probably also worth noting that my wife told me that if I don’t disconnect from the web for a few days she’ll kill me, so there’s that too.

So, for me anyway, it’s
lights out for a bit. Aaron, D.J., Drew, Matthew and Bob will provide
you with more than enough baseball juju between now and when I come back.  Here’s hoping Roger Clemens doesn’t take a hostage or something, because that’s the kind of story I really don’t want to miss.

Craig

1. Old Gator - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I can’t believe this – the slowest, most sluggish, most boring, most inconsequential, most dreary depths of what the Mayans used to call “Los Dias de los Perros” (although then they were referring to ringball, a game in which the captain of the losing team was decapitated, a tradition which comes down to us today as the firing of the manager) – and Craig is taking off and leaving us here to watch these games without commentary. That’s loyalty?

2. jwentworth - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM

This is an outrage! Also, have a great vacation.

3. Ditto65 - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I vote you give the keys to Old Gator while you are out, even if he is too expensive to afford.

4. SDelMonte - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Hey, don’t we still have that money from our bid for the Rangers? We can rent Old Gator instead!

5. Dan in Katonah - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I hear Cleveland is lovely this time of year.

6. APBA Guy - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM

All props to Gator, but I vote for Tiffany.

7. Stichey - Aug 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Craig, should I leave my number so that Tiffany has someone to talk to?

8. RichardInBigD - Aug 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Two things, Buddy:
    1) Did you ever hear of a laptop and a wireless connection?
    2) When the old ball and chain starts to give you grief about how you make your living, calmly and quietly take her for a walk out to the curb in front of the house, turn back around towards the house, and ask her if she likes her lovely home. Then explaain that what you do for a living is how you have this home to share with her (a word of caution on this one, though. I did this with my wife once. She still lives there, I don’t, and I still have the privelidge of paying for it).
    Enjoy your week without baseball! (as if that could ever happen)

9. Kiwicricket - Aug 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

You’re off to party in Vegas with Gerald Laird’s grandpa arn’t you!

10. Lans Downe - Aug 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM

WV again, right?

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3270)