Aug 20, 2010, 5:55 PM EST
As I mentioned in this morning’s recaps, I’m going to be taking a little time off. All next week to be precise. I’ll be back on Monday, August 30th. Yes, I’m going out of town, but it’s to a secret undisclosed location that may or may not look like the pic to the right.
I don’t relish the idea
of a vacation. I love my job, I live for baseball and blogging and being away from the
computer for a week is going test the limits of my patience and maybe
even my sanity.
But that’s also probably evidence that I really do need a vacation. With
the exception of an odd Friday here or there it’s been a while since I took any real time off and I probably could use the time to sharpen the saw or whatever those doorknobs who put together those motivational posters say. Probably also worth noting that my wife told me that if I don’t disconnect from the web for a few days she’ll kill me, so there’s that too.
So, for me anyway, it’s
lights out for a bit. Aaron, D.J., Drew, Matthew and Bob will provide
you with more than enough baseball juju between now and when I come back. Here’s hoping Roger Clemens doesn’t take a hostage or something, because that’s the kind of story I really don’t want to miss.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)