Aug 21, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
From the moment SNY launched as the television home of the Mets in 2006, there has always been demand for vintage episodes of “Kiner’s Korner,” the former Mets postgame and rain delay show hosted by the venerable Ralph Kiner. Now those folks — including me — are finally getting their wish. Well, sort of.
According to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times, SNY.tv is set to begin showing weekly webisodes that combine clips from Kiner’s postgame interviews and new chats between him and Ted Berg of SNY. The first webisode is scheduled to air Tuesday, with eight more to follow.
Guests on the SNY webisodes, according to Sadomir, include Pete Rose, Bobby Valentine, Johnny
Bench, Richie Ashburn, Ed Kranepool (in two parts), Eric Davis, and
(Davey) Johnson and Tommy Lasorda (also in two parts).
Unfortunately most of the episodes are gone — tossed out or taped over by television networks — but this announcement is still enough for me to geek out a little bit.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29