Aug 21, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
From the moment SNY launched as the television home of the Mets in 2006, there has always been demand for vintage episodes of “Kiner’s Korner,” the former Mets postgame and rain delay show hosted by the venerable Ralph Kiner. Now those folks — including me — are finally getting their wish. Well, sort of.
According to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times, SNY.tv is set to begin showing weekly webisodes that combine clips from Kiner’s postgame interviews and new chats between him and Ted Berg of SNY. The first webisode is scheduled to air Tuesday, with eight more to follow.
Guests on the SNY webisodes, according to Sadomir, include Pete Rose, Bobby Valentine, Johnny
Bench, Richie Ashburn, Ed Kranepool (in two parts), Eric Davis, and
(Davey) Johnson and Tommy Lasorda (also in two parts).
Unfortunately most of the episodes are gone — tossed out or taped over by television networks — but this announcement is still enough for me to geek out a little bit.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)