Aug 21, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
From the moment SNY launched as the television home of the Mets in 2006, there has always been demand for vintage episodes of “Kiner’s Korner,” the former Mets postgame and rain delay show hosted by the venerable Ralph Kiner. Now those folks — including me — are finally getting their wish. Well, sort of.
According to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times, SNY.tv is set to begin showing weekly webisodes that combine clips from Kiner’s postgame interviews and new chats between him and Ted Berg of SNY. The first webisode is scheduled to air Tuesday, with eight more to follow.
Guests on the SNY webisodes, according to Sadomir, include Pete Rose, Bobby Valentine, Johnny
Bench, Richie Ashburn, Ed Kranepool (in two parts), Eric Davis, and
(Davey) Johnson and Tommy Lasorda (also in two parts).
Unfortunately most of the episodes are gone — tossed out or taped over by television networks — but this announcement is still enough for me to geek out a little bit.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)