Aug 21, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
From the moment SNY launched as the television home of the Mets in 2006, there has always been demand for vintage episodes of “Kiner’s Korner,” the former Mets postgame and rain delay show hosted by the venerable Ralph Kiner. Now those folks — including me — are finally getting their wish. Well, sort of.
According to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times, SNY.tv is set to begin showing weekly webisodes that combine clips from Kiner’s postgame interviews and new chats between him and Ted Berg of SNY. The first webisode is scheduled to air Tuesday, with eight more to follow.
Guests on the SNY webisodes, according to Sadomir, include Pete Rose, Bobby Valentine, Johnny
Bench, Richie Ashburn, Ed Kranepool (in two parts), Eric Davis, and
(Davey) Johnson and Tommy Lasorda (also in two parts).
Unfortunately most of the episodes are gone — tossed out or taped over by television networks — but this announcement is still enough for me to geek out a little bit.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 8
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)