Aug 21, 2010, 2:11 PM EST
From the moment SNY launched as the television home of the Mets in 2006, there has always been demand for vintage episodes of “Kiner’s Korner,” the former Mets postgame and rain delay show hosted by the venerable Ralph Kiner. Now those folks — including me — are finally getting their wish. Well, sort of.
According to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times, SNY.tv is set to begin showing weekly webisodes that combine clips from Kiner’s postgame interviews and new chats between him and Ted Berg of SNY. The first webisode is scheduled to air Tuesday, with eight more to follow.
Guests on the SNY webisodes, according to Sadomir, include Pete Rose, Bobby Valentine, Johnny
Bench, Richie Ashburn, Ed Kranepool (in two parts), Eric Davis, and
(Davey) Johnson and Tommy Lasorda (also in two parts).
Unfortunately most of the episodes are gone — tossed out or taped over by television networks — but this announcement is still enough for me to geek out a little bit.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 5
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 54
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 44
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 137
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (137)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)