Aug 21, 2010, 10:40 PM EDT
UPDATE, 10:40 PM: From the Marlins’ official Twitter feed comes the bad news: Nolasco indeed has a torn meniscus and has been scratched from his scheduled Sunday start. Andrew Miller will fill in.
UPDATE, 5:48 PM: Sounds like we at least have confirmation of which knee is injured. According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Nolasco is walking around the clubhouse with a brace on his right knee. More to follow.
5:25 PM: Details are scarce at this time, but Joe Frisaro of MLB.com hears that Ricky Nolasco may have a torn meniscus in one of his knees. The Marlins are reportedly checking to see if that is the case.
Nolasco last pitched on Tuesday, tossing six shutout innings against the Pirates. He was scheduled to pitch again Sunday against the Astros. It’s safe to say that outing is now in doubt.
Just a short while ago, we learned that the Marlins recently began preliminary talks on a contract extension with Nolasco. The 27-year-old right-hander is 14-8 with a 4.22 ERA over 25 starts this season. He is making $3.8 million this season and remains under team control through 2012.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)