Aug 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Susan Slusser has a quick note up over at the San Francisco Chronicle’s website that will arrive as good news for A’s fans and fantasy owners alike.
Oakland closer Andrew Bailey, out since July 21 with a strained intercostal muscle, is going to be activated from the disabled list before Sunday’s game against the Rays. He should reclaim his ninth-inning role immediately from Michael Wuertz, who notched five saves in his absence.
Bailey, 26, won the American League Rookie of the Year award last season with a 1.84 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 26 saves in 30 tries.
This year he has a 1.56 ERA, a 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 chances.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)