Aug 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Susan Slusser has a quick note up over at the San Francisco Chronicle’s website that will arrive as good news for A’s fans and fantasy owners alike.
Oakland closer Andrew Bailey, out since July 21 with a strained intercostal muscle, is going to be activated from the disabled list before Sunday’s game against the Rays. He should reclaim his ninth-inning role immediately from Michael Wuertz, who notched five saves in his absence.
Bailey, 26, won the American League Rookie of the Year award last season with a 1.84 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 26 saves in 30 tries.
This year he has a 1.56 ERA, a 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 chances.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)