Aug 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Susan Slusser has a quick note up over at the San Francisco Chronicle’s website that will arrive as good news for A’s fans and fantasy owners alike.
Oakland closer Andrew Bailey, out since July 21 with a strained intercostal muscle, is going to be activated from the disabled list before Sunday’s game against the Rays. He should reclaim his ninth-inning role immediately from Michael Wuertz, who notched five saves in his absence.
Bailey, 26, won the American League Rookie of the Year award last season with a 1.84 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 26 saves in 30 tries.
This year he has a 1.56 ERA, a 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 chances.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 103
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (103)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1