Aug 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Susan Slusser has a quick note up over at the San Francisco Chronicle’s website that will arrive as good news for A’s fans and fantasy owners alike.
Oakland closer Andrew Bailey, out since July 21 with a strained intercostal muscle, is going to be activated from the disabled list before Sunday’s game against the Rays. He should reclaim his ninth-inning role immediately from Michael Wuertz, who notched five saves in his absence.
Bailey, 26, won the American League Rookie of the Year award last season with a 1.84 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 26 saves in 30 tries.
This year he has a 1.56 ERA, a 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 chances.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)