Aug 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EST
Susan Slusser has a quick note up over at the San Francisco Chronicle’s website that will arrive as good news for A’s fans and fantasy owners alike.
Oakland closer Andrew Bailey, out since July 21 with a strained intercostal muscle, is going to be activated from the disabled list before Sunday’s game against the Rays. He should reclaim his ninth-inning role immediately from Michael Wuertz, who notched five saves in his absence.
Bailey, 26, won the American League Rookie of the Year award last season with a 1.84 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 26 saves in 30 tries.
This year he has a 1.56 ERA, a 0.99 WHIP and 20 saves in 23 chances.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)