Aug 22, 2010, 1:55 PM EST
As noted by Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is back in the Rockies’ starting lineup Sunday for the first time since banging his right knee against the outfield wall on Wednesday night.
CarGo was used as a pinch-hitter in last night’s 3-1 loss to the Diamondbacks but was also seen limping in the clubhouse after the game. He’s going to play through the discomfort because the Rockies are seven games back in the hunt for the National League Wild Card and must make a charge in the standings now.
The 24-year-old outfielder is batting .318/.350/.562 this season with 25 homers, 79 RBI and 19 stolen bases. He’s an MVP candidate in the National League.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 67
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)