Aug 22, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Andy Martino of the New York Daily News is reporting that the Dodgers have acquired catcher Rod Barajas from the Mets for cash.
The Mets already have two other catchers on their active 25-man roster and are out of playoff contention. The Dodgers don’t have much of a shot either, but they’re without Russell Martin for the rest of the season due to a hip injury and were in need of a reliable option. A.J. Ellis and Brad Ausmus have been splitting time behind the plate in Los Angeles and hardly producing.
Barajas, 34, has a poor .225/.263/.414 batting line in 74 games this season but he has launched 12 home runs and collected 34 RBI. He will be a free agent at the end of this season.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)