Aug 22, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Andy Martino of the New York Daily News is reporting that the Dodgers have acquired catcher Rod Barajas from the Mets for cash.
The Mets already have two other catchers on their active 25-man roster and are out of playoff contention. The Dodgers don’t have much of a shot either, but they’re without Russell Martin for the rest of the season due to a hip injury and were in need of a reliable option. A.J. Ellis and Brad Ausmus have been splitting time behind the plate in Los Angeles and hardly producing.
Barajas, 34, has a poor .225/.263/.414 batting line in 74 games this season but he has launched 12 home runs and collected 34 RBI. He will be a free agent at the end of this season.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 13
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 37
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)