Aug 22, 2010, 12:28 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com passes along word that legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully has opted to return for the 2011 season. Scully, 82, has been working on one-year contracts for the past several years and will do the same this time around.
The announcement was made before Sunday afternoon’s game against the Reds.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)