Aug 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
At the risk of being blocked from following him like he did to Craig, this recent Johnny Damon note from SI.com’s Jon Heyman qualifies as the most Heyman tweet of all time.
Seriously, instead of simply writing “Damon isn’t sure if he’ll accept the move” we get non-news positioned as an update on a story now being thoroughly reportedly elsewhere, quasi-name dropping that serves no purpose (texts! buddies!), and a platitude about a Scott Boras client.
Whenever someone tells you 140 characters isn’t enough to express something, remind them of that tweet. It expresses both nothing and everything, at the same time. Well done, Jon!
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (73)