Aug 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
At the risk of being blocked from following him like he did to Craig, this recent Johnny Damon note from SI.com’s Jon Heyman qualifies as the most Heyman tweet of all time.
Seriously, instead of simply writing “Damon isn’t sure if he’ll accept the move” we get non-news positioned as an update on a story now being thoroughly reportedly elsewhere, quasi-name dropping that serves no purpose (texts! buddies!), and a platitude about a Scott Boras client.
Whenever someone tells you 140 characters isn’t enough to express something, remind them of that tweet. It expresses both nothing and everything, at the same time. Well done, Jon!
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)