Aug 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
At the risk of being blocked from following him like he did to Craig, this recent Johnny Damon note from SI.com’s Jon Heyman qualifies as the most Heyman tweet of all time.
Seriously, instead of simply writing “Damon isn’t sure if he’ll accept the move” we get non-news positioned as an update on a story now being thoroughly reportedly elsewhere, quasi-name dropping that serves no purpose (texts! buddies!), and a platitude about a Scott Boras client.
Whenever someone tells you 140 characters isn’t enough to express something, remind them of that tweet. It expresses both nothing and everything, at the same time. Well done, Jon!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)