Aug 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
At the risk of being blocked from following him like he did to Craig, this recent Johnny Damon note from SI.com’s Jon Heyman qualifies as the most Heyman tweet of all time.
Seriously, instead of simply writing “Damon isn’t sure if he’ll accept the move” we get non-news positioned as an update on a story now being thoroughly reportedly elsewhere, quasi-name dropping that serves no purpose (texts! buddies!), and a platitude about a Scott Boras client.
Whenever someone tells you 140 characters isn’t enough to express something, remind them of that tweet. It expresses both nothing and everything, at the same time. Well done, Jon!
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)