Behold: The most Jon Heyman tweet in the history of Jon Heyman tweets

Aug 23, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT

At the risk of being blocked from following him like he did to Craig, this recent Johnny Damon note from SI.com’s Jon Heyman qualifies as the most Heyman tweet of all time.
Seriously, instead of simply writing “Damon isn’t sure if he’ll accept the move” we get non-news positioned as an update on a story now being thoroughly reportedly elsewhere, quasi-name dropping that serves no purpose (texts! buddies!), and a platitude about a Scott Boras client.
Whenever someone tells you 140 characters isn’t enough to express something, remind them of that tweet. It expresses both nothing and everything, at the same time. Well done, Jon!

1. Trevor B - Aug 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM

You know, can’t Calcaterra just make a fake Twitter account to get all his daily Heyman bashing in? Even if he bans you, you could do the same. If that fails just rely on your loyal readers to provide you with all the Heyman Ridiculososness. I’m waiting for the Johnny Damon text now that will say, “I don’t speak to John Heyman, he has no buddies” just like the guy who called out Rosenthals earlier this season for not knowing his friends.

2. Proudly Canadian - Aug 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I have often disagreed with him; however, on the few occasions when I emailed him at SI.com he did eventually get back to me. I subsequently decided to no longer send him emails as I realized that nothing I wrote would impact his opinion.

3. El Bravo - Aug 23, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I heard Jon Heyman eats live puppies but the doggy I asked said “not sure buddy” so now I’m lost.

4. Omega - Aug 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM

So, this guy is just basically stroking his own….’ego’….and proving to us that he texts with Johnny Damon?
    Nice…

5. Woe is Mets - Aug 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Jon Heyman is like the (possibly) Jewish version of Peter King. how the sweet Jesus do these guys get paid money to know absolutely nothing about their respective sports? SI must run their organization like the Royals or Pirates.

6. Glenn - Aug 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Biggest joke in national sports media?
    A. Jon Heyman
    B. Chris Berman
    C. Stuart Scott
    D. Stephan A Smith
    E. Skip Bayless

7. mike wants wins - Aug 23, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I’ll say this, he did reply to my email. So, he may not always say things I agree with, but he’s at least polite. In this world, that says a lot….

8. mrfloydpink - Aug 23, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Dear god, man! This is a baseball blog. How could you find no room on your list for Joe Morgan?

9. quint - Aug 23, 2010 at 7:13 PM

The fact the “not sure buddy” made it into his SI article is far worse than the tweet.

10. Cougar Hunter - Aug 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM

F. Colin Cowherd

11. Old Gator - Aug 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Did anyone see where I left my beer?

12. Buccofan - Aug 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM

All of the above plus Morgan, Cowherd, Thom Brennaman, Tim! Mc!!Carver!!!, and Joe Buck.

13. Buccofan - Aug 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Yes, but it’s gone now. I don’t know where it went.
    Now excuse me while I go to the bathroom.

14. TomTom - Aug 24, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I’ll raise you a Hawk Harrelson, Rob Dibble, Michael Kay, Suzyn Waldman, and John Sterling.

15. Jonny5 - Aug 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Only birds should tweet. I’m young and I still hate all this cyber crap coming out anymore. We know too much about everyone now. Facebook, myspace, Twitter. All a bunch of bullsheeit. I don’t care if Damon and Heyman give eachother reacharounds when they’re in the heat of their tweet or not. I don’t care who just had a case of the runs, I don’t care if someone needs a tuneup on their car, or if eggs are 10 cents cheaper a dozen at 7-11, or if Canseco is getting evicted. This new era of social “sharing” your personal buisness with the entire world is out of hand. Only birds should tweet.

16. Glenn - Aug 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I still like Morgan. I guess I’m still a self-loathing Red Sox fan even after two World Series victories.

Ace-killer Giants do it again