Aug 23, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
When last we heard from Brandon Webb he was aiming to return from shoulder surgery in time to make 6-8 starts this season, but yesterday the rehabbing right-hander said his goal is now to simply pitch this season, period.
One time or 10, whatever I can get. Hopefully, I’ll pitch the last game of the season if that’s what I get. All along, I’ve had motivation, but as time lapses on … I realize it more, so I’m going to do what I can to get out there.
Webb hasn’t pitched since Opening Day of last season and his return timetable has been pushed back frequently since then. Pretty soon going on a rehab assignment will no longer be an option because the minor league season is ending, so simulated games will have to suffice.
Webb is being paid $8.5 million this season after the Diamondbacks picked up their team option rather than let him become a free agent.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)