Aug 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Second baseman Ian Kinsler still needs to be cleared to return, but he’s hoping to begin a rehab assignment this week after undergoing an MRI Tuesday that could pave the way for him to resume baseball activities.
Kinsler has been on the DL since the end of June with a strained left groin.
According to ESPNDallas.com, Kinsler has so far only taken grounders hit right to him. He’s yet to try ranging to his right or left and he hasn’t taken batting practice. Still, if he’s cleared by doctors, he’d like to start playing in games right away.
With Kinsler out, the Rangers have played Andres Blanco and Joaquin Arias at second base. They recently signed Alex Cora to a minor league deal, but they’ve yet to try him at the spot.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)