Aug 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Second baseman Ian Kinsler still needs to be cleared to return, but he’s hoping to begin a rehab assignment this week after undergoing an MRI Tuesday that could pave the way for him to resume baseball activities.
Kinsler has been on the DL since the end of June with a strained left groin.
According to ESPNDallas.com, Kinsler has so far only taken grounders hit right to him. He’s yet to try ranging to his right or left and he hasn’t taken batting practice. Still, if he’s cleared by doctors, he’d like to start playing in games right away.
With Kinsler out, the Rangers have played Andres Blanco and Joaquin Arias at second base. They recently signed Alex Cora to a minor league deal, but they’ve yet to try him at the spot.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 0
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)