Aug 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Second baseman Ian Kinsler still needs to be cleared to return, but he’s hoping to begin a rehab assignment this week after undergoing an MRI Tuesday that could pave the way for him to resume baseball activities.
Kinsler has been on the DL since the end of June with a strained left groin.
According to ESPNDallas.com, Kinsler has so far only taken grounders hit right to him. He’s yet to try ranging to his right or left and he hasn’t taken batting practice. Still, if he’s cleared by doctors, he’d like to start playing in games right away.
With Kinsler out, the Rangers have played Andres Blanco and Joaquin Arias at second base. They recently signed Alex Cora to a minor league deal, but they’ve yet to try him at the spot.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)