Aug 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Second baseman Ian Kinsler still needs to be cleared to return, but he’s hoping to begin a rehab assignment this week after undergoing an MRI Tuesday that could pave the way for him to resume baseball activities.
Kinsler has been on the DL since the end of June with a strained left groin.
According to ESPNDallas.com, Kinsler has so far only taken grounders hit right to him. He’s yet to try ranging to his right or left and he hasn’t taken batting practice. Still, if he’s cleared by doctors, he’d like to start playing in games right away.
With Kinsler out, the Rangers have played Andres Blanco and Joaquin Arias at second base. They recently signed Alex Cora to a minor league deal, but they’ve yet to try him at the spot.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final