Aug 23, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Yesterday the Cubs sent manager Lou Piniella off with a blowout loss, which is either sad given his excellent (and possibly Hall of Fame) career or fitting given how bad the Cubs have been all season.
Either way, the boys over at The Platoon Advantage put together a lengthy, interesting look at the final games of Hall of Fame managers, plus a follow-up post on what caused those managers to retire.
It’s really good stuff, so check it out.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)