Aug 24, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Rosters moves are beginning to pour in for Tuesday night’s full slate of games and the Reds look to be fairly active.
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds are calling up right-hander Sam LeCure to serve in mop-up duty if such a thing is necessary. They’re also promoting position player Chris Valaika, signaling that Jim Edmonds is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list due to the strained right oblique muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of Monday’s loss to the Giants.
The Reds acquired Edmonds just before a massive three-game series with the Cardinals back in early August. He’s made just 24 plate appearances since that deal and managed just three hits. Because Edmonds is 40 years of age and oblique injuries tend to linger, it’s safe to assume that he might not be available until October.
Edmonds has extended his career in the hope of reaching 400 career home runs and boosting his resume for the Hall of Fame. He stands at 391 at the moment.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)