Aug 24, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Rosters moves are beginning to pour in for Tuesday night’s full slate of games and the Reds look to be fairly active.
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds are calling up right-hander Sam LeCure to serve in mop-up duty if such a thing is necessary. They’re also promoting position player Chris Valaika, signaling that Jim Edmonds is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list due to the strained right oblique muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of Monday’s loss to the Giants.
The Reds acquired Edmonds just before a massive three-game series with the Cardinals back in early August. He’s made just 24 plate appearances since that deal and managed just three hits. Because Edmonds is 40 years of age and oblique injuries tend to linger, it’s safe to assume that he might not be available until October.
Edmonds has extended his career in the hope of reaching 400 career home runs and boosting his resume for the Hall of Fame. He stands at 391 at the moment.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)