Aug 24, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Rosters moves are beginning to pour in for Tuesday night’s full slate of games and the Reds look to be fairly active.
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds are calling up right-hander Sam LeCure to serve in mop-up duty if such a thing is necessary. They’re also promoting position player Chris Valaika, signaling that Jim Edmonds is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list due to the strained right oblique muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of Monday’s loss to the Giants.
The Reds acquired Edmonds just before a massive three-game series with the Cardinals back in early August. He’s made just 24 plate appearances since that deal and managed just three hits. Because Edmonds is 40 years of age and oblique injuries tend to linger, it’s safe to assume that he might not be available until October.
Edmonds has extended his career in the hope of reaching 400 career home runs and boosting his resume for the Hall of Fame. He stands at 391 at the moment.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 12
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 90
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)