Aug 24, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Rosters moves are beginning to pour in for Tuesday night’s full slate of games and the Reds look to be fairly active.
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds are calling up right-hander Sam LeCure to serve in mop-up duty if such a thing is necessary. They’re also promoting position player Chris Valaika, signaling that Jim Edmonds is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list due to the strained right oblique muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of Monday’s loss to the Giants.
The Reds acquired Edmonds just before a massive three-game series with the Cardinals back in early August. He’s made just 24 plate appearances since that deal and managed just three hits. Because Edmonds is 40 years of age and oblique injuries tend to linger, it’s safe to assume that he might not be available until October.
Edmonds has extended his career in the hope of reaching 400 career home runs and boosting his resume for the Hall of Fame. He stands at 391 at the moment.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)