Aug 24, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Rosters moves are beginning to pour in for Tuesday night’s full slate of games and the Reds look to be fairly active.
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds are calling up right-hander Sam LeCure to serve in mop-up duty if such a thing is necessary. They’re also promoting position player Chris Valaika, signaling that Jim Edmonds is going to be placed on the 15-day disabled list due to the strained right oblique muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of Monday’s loss to the Giants.
The Reds acquired Edmonds just before a massive three-game series with the Cardinals back in early August. He’s made just 24 plate appearances since that deal and managed just three hits. Because Edmonds is 40 years of age and oblique injuries tend to linger, it’s safe to assume that he might not be available until October.
Edmonds has extended his career in the hope of reaching 400 career home runs and boosting his resume for the Hall of Fame. He stands at 391 at the moment.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)