Aug 26, 2010, 11:46 AM EST
As expected, the Brewers have bumped Manny Parra from the rotation after an ugly start Sunday dropped him to 3-10 with a 5.65 ERA this season.
Chris Capuano will replace Parra in the rotation beginning Saturday against the Pirates. Capuano has pitched mostly in relief since coming back from Tommy John surgery, but was a longtime starter for the Brewers before the injury and has done well with a 3.72 ERA and 28/8 K/BB ratio in 29 innings.
When reporters approached Parra regarding the demotion he complained that they only want to talk to him about negative things, which is both true and completely unavoidable given that he’s been so awful for so long.
Since a promising first half to his rookie season in 2008 he has a 15-27 record and 5.99 ERA in 307 innings. What else are they supposed to talk to him about? Parra will be under team control as an arbitration eligible player in 2011, but I’ll be shocked if he’s not traded or non-tendered this offseason. Milwaukee has waited long enough for his above-average raw stuff to translate into something other than terrible results, and he’s now been dumped from the rotation in each of the past three seasons.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)