Aug 26, 2010, 11:46 AM EDT
As expected, the Brewers have bumped Manny Parra from the rotation after an ugly start Sunday dropped him to 3-10 with a 5.65 ERA this season.
Chris Capuano will replace Parra in the rotation beginning Saturday against the Pirates. Capuano has pitched mostly in relief since coming back from Tommy John surgery, but was a longtime starter for the Brewers before the injury and has done well with a 3.72 ERA and 28/8 K/BB ratio in 29 innings.
When reporters approached Parra regarding the demotion he complained that they only want to talk to him about negative things, which is both true and completely unavoidable given that he’s been so awful for so long.
Since a promising first half to his rookie season in 2008 he has a 15-27 record and 5.99 ERA in 307 innings. What else are they supposed to talk to him about? Parra will be under team control as an arbitration eligible player in 2011, but I’ll be shocked if he’s not traded or non-tendered this offseason. Milwaukee has waited long enough for his above-average raw stuff to translate into something other than terrible results, and he’s now been dumped from the rotation in each of the past three seasons.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)