Aug 26, 2010, 11:46 AM EDT
As expected, the Brewers have bumped Manny Parra from the rotation after an ugly start Sunday dropped him to 3-10 with a 5.65 ERA this season.
Chris Capuano will replace Parra in the rotation beginning Saturday against the Pirates. Capuano has pitched mostly in relief since coming back from Tommy John surgery, but was a longtime starter for the Brewers before the injury and has done well with a 3.72 ERA and 28/8 K/BB ratio in 29 innings.
When reporters approached Parra regarding the demotion he complained that they only want to talk to him about negative things, which is both true and completely unavoidable given that he’s been so awful for so long.
Since a promising first half to his rookie season in 2008 he has a 15-27 record and 5.99 ERA in 307 innings. What else are they supposed to talk to him about? Parra will be under team control as an arbitration eligible player in 2011, but I’ll be shocked if he’s not traded or non-tendered this offseason. Milwaukee has waited long enough for his above-average raw stuff to translate into something other than terrible results, and he’s now been dumped from the rotation in each of the past three seasons.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)