Aug 26, 2010, 11:58 AM EST
Yesterday’s stunning comeback win over the Braves has the Rockies primed for yet another late-season charge towards the postseason, but it looks like they’ll have to do it without Manuel Corpas.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Corpas is likely done for the season due to an elbow injury. The 27-year-old right-hander left yesterday’s game in the fourth inning with elbow soreness and early word from the team is that he may have torn a ligament or injured his flexor tendon.
Corpas underwent an MRI after yesterday’s game and the results should be made available sometime today. If he requires surgery, it would be his second procedure inside the past 14 months. He missed the latter part of the 2009 season in order to remove bone chips from his elbow.
Corpas is 3-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 10 saves in 56 relief appearances with the Rockies this season, posting a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)