Aug 26, 2010, 11:02 AM EST
You may recall that Rob Dibble had some some choice words for Stephen Strasburg earlier this week, telling him to “suck it up,” among other things.
In wake of the controversial comments, it was announced on Wednesday afternoon that Dibble would not be in the MASN broadcast booth for at least the next two nights. MASN spokesperson Todd Webster said that Dibble requested the days off himself, though sources tell Mark Zuckerman of Nats Insider that he didn’t ask for time off until Tuesday night. You see, these events are just a mere coincidence. Nothing to see here, move along.
When asked about the nature of Dibble’s absence by Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, Nationals president Stan Kasten had one of the best retorts I have heard in a while.
“Rob asked for some time off,” Kasten said. “Perhaps he’s not feeling
well. But I’m not a doctor, nor have I seen his records. So I shouldn’t
say anything more about it.”
Well played, Stan.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)