Aug 26, 2010, 11:02 AM EDT
You may recall that Rob Dibble had some some choice words for Stephen Strasburg earlier this week, telling him to “suck it up,” among other things.
In wake of the controversial comments, it was announced on Wednesday afternoon that Dibble would not be in the MASN broadcast booth for at least the next two nights. MASN spokesperson Todd Webster said that Dibble requested the days off himself, though sources tell Mark Zuckerman of Nats Insider that he didn’t ask for time off until Tuesday night. You see, these events are just a mere coincidence. Nothing to see here, move along.
When asked about the nature of Dibble’s absence by Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, Nationals president Stan Kasten had one of the best retorts I have heard in a while.
“Rob asked for some time off,” Kasten said. “Perhaps he’s not feeling
well. But I’m not a doctor, nor have I seen his records. So I shouldn’t
say anything more about it.”
Well played, Stan.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)