Aug 26, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
According to Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News, Roger Clemens will be arraigned Monday before U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton.
The hearing is set for 2 p.m. ET at the E. Barrett Prettyman U.S. Courthouse in downtown Washington, D.C., according to an order released by the court. We have a feeling a few media members will be interested in being in the general vicinity of that building.
As you heard here, Clemens was indicted by a federal grand jury last Thursday. The six-count indictment alleges that Clemens obstructed a congressional inquiry with 15 different statements made under oath before a Congressional committee on February 13, 2008, including his denials that he had ever used human growth hormone or performance-enhancing drugs.
Not to get the cart ahead of the horse or anything — since we’re probably still a long way from this actually going to trial — but according to ESPN.com, Clemens faces a combined maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and a $1.5
million fine. The report also mentions that the recommended
range of time is 15-21 months under U.S. sentencing guidelines. Clemens’ attorney Rusty Hardin recently told ESPN that they recently turned down a plea agreement.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)