Aug 26, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
According to Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News, Roger Clemens will be arraigned Monday before U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton.
The hearing is set for 2 p.m. ET at the E. Barrett Prettyman U.S. Courthouse in downtown Washington, D.C., according to an order released by the court. We have a feeling a few media members will be interested in being in the general vicinity of that building.
As you heard here, Clemens was indicted by a federal grand jury last Thursday. The six-count indictment alleges that Clemens obstructed a congressional inquiry with 15 different statements made under oath before a Congressional committee on February 13, 2008, including his denials that he had ever used human growth hormone or performance-enhancing drugs.
Not to get the cart ahead of the horse or anything — since we’re probably still a long way from this actually going to trial — but according to ESPN.com, Clemens faces a combined maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and a $1.5
million fine. The report also mentions that the recommended
range of time is 15-21 months under U.S. sentencing guidelines. Clemens’ attorney Rusty Hardin recently told ESPN that they recently turned down a plea agreement.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)