Aug 26, 2010, 12:41 PM EST
According to Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News, Roger Clemens will be arraigned Monday before U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton.
The hearing is set for 2 p.m. ET at the E. Barrett Prettyman U.S. Courthouse in downtown Washington, D.C., according to an order released by the court. We have a feeling a few media members will be interested in being in the general vicinity of that building.
As you heard here, Clemens was indicted by a federal grand jury last Thursday. The six-count indictment alleges that Clemens obstructed a congressional inquiry with 15 different statements made under oath before a Congressional committee on February 13, 2008, including his denials that he had ever used human growth hormone or performance-enhancing drugs.
Not to get the cart ahead of the horse or anything — since we’re probably still a long way from this actually going to trial — but according to ESPN.com, Clemens faces a combined maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and a $1.5
million fine. The report also mentions that the recommended
range of time is 15-21 months under U.S. sentencing guidelines. Clemens’ attorney Rusty Hardin recently told ESPN that they recently turned down a plea agreement.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 6
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 51
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)