Aug 26, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
According to Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News, Roger Clemens will be arraigned Monday before U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton.
The hearing is set for 2 p.m. ET at the E. Barrett Prettyman U.S. Courthouse in downtown Washington, D.C., according to an order released by the court. We have a feeling a few media members will be interested in being in the general vicinity of that building.
As you heard here, Clemens was indicted by a federal grand jury last Thursday. The six-count indictment alleges that Clemens obstructed a congressional inquiry with 15 different statements made under oath before a Congressional committee on February 13, 2008, including his denials that he had ever used human growth hormone or performance-enhancing drugs.
Not to get the cart ahead of the horse or anything — since we’re probably still a long way from this actually going to trial — but according to ESPN.com, Clemens faces a combined maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and a $1.5
million fine. The report also mentions that the recommended
range of time is 15-21 months under U.S. sentencing guidelines. Clemens’ attorney Rusty Hardin recently told ESPN that they recently turned down a plea agreement.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)