Aug 26, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
Aaron told us earlier this week that Troy Glaus was surprisingly seeing some action at third base while rehabbing a knee injury with Triple-A Gwinnett. His transition back to the hot corner hasn’t gone perfectly.
Glaus committed two errors during Tuesday’s game and was nearly charged with another on Wednesday. Still, he told Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he is quickly getting comfortable with the position where he spent the first 12 years of his career.
“The more reps you get, the quicker your reactions are going to get,”
Glaus said. “I feel good over there…Hopefully I’ll get a lot of action
and show everybody I can still play over there.”
The 34-year-old Glaus was batting just .174 with two home runs and 15 RBI over his last 46 games before being placed on the disabled list last week, but the good news is that he has feasted on International League pitching thus far, going 5-for-10 with two homers, seven RBI and four runs scored over his first three games with the club.
Even Glaus will acknowledge that he can’t move around like he used to, so it’s not like he’s coming back to the majors to take Martin Prado’s job or anything, but proving his flexibility would give him a strong argument to be included on the postseason roster as a right-handed bat off the bench.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)