Aug 27, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
At approximately 2:30 am Friday morning, Yovani Gallardo and a Brewers clubhouse attendant were robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Milwaukee supermarket, WTMJ Newsradio reports.
Both Gallardo and attendant Alex Sanchez were robbed of money and jewelry by a lone African American male. Sanchez was pistol-whipped by the assailant, but was not seriously injured. Gallardo was unhurt.
Gallardo was the losing pitcher as the Brewers were defeated by the Dodgers on Thursday. He gave up six runs in 6 1/3 innings to fall to 11-6 with a 3.50 ERA for the season.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 73
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (73)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)