Aug 27, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
At approximately 2:30 am Friday morning, Yovani Gallardo and a Brewers clubhouse attendant were robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Milwaukee supermarket, WTMJ Newsradio reports.
Both Gallardo and attendant Alex Sanchez were robbed of money and jewelry by a lone African American male. Sanchez was pistol-whipped by the assailant, but was not seriously injured. Gallardo was unhurt.
Gallardo was the losing pitcher as the Brewers were defeated by the Dodgers on Thursday. He gave up six runs in 6 1/3 innings to fall to 11-6 with a 3.50 ERA for the season.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 7
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 44
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 48
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)