Aug 27, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
At approximately 2:30 am Friday morning, Yovani Gallardo and a Brewers clubhouse attendant were robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Milwaukee supermarket, WTMJ Newsradio reports.
Both Gallardo and attendant Alex Sanchez were robbed of money and jewelry by a lone African American male. Sanchez was pistol-whipped by the assailant, but was not seriously injured. Gallardo was unhurt.
Gallardo was the losing pitcher as the Brewers were defeated by the Dodgers on Thursday. He gave up six runs in 6 1/3 innings to fall to 11-6 with a 3.50 ERA for the season.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)