Aug 27, 2010, 1:50 PM EST
At approximately 2:30 am Friday morning, Yovani Gallardo and a Brewers clubhouse attendant were robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Milwaukee supermarket, WTMJ Newsradio reports.
Both Gallardo and attendant Alex Sanchez were robbed of money and jewelry by a lone African American male. Sanchez was pistol-whipped by the assailant, but was not seriously injured. Gallardo was unhurt.
Gallardo was the losing pitcher as the Brewers were defeated by the Dodgers on Thursday. He gave up six runs in 6 1/3 innings to fall to 11-6 with a 3.50 ERA for the season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)