Aug 27, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
At approximately 2:30 am Friday morning, Yovani Gallardo and a Brewers clubhouse attendant were robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Milwaukee supermarket, WTMJ Newsradio reports.
Both Gallardo and attendant Alex Sanchez were robbed of money and jewelry by a lone African American male. Sanchez was pistol-whipped by the assailant, but was not seriously injured. Gallardo was unhurt.
Gallardo was the losing pitcher as the Brewers were defeated by the Dodgers on Thursday. He gave up six runs in 6 1/3 innings to fall to 11-6 with a 3.50 ERA for the season.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)