Aug 27, 2010, 8:41 AM EDT
Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic on Thursday that the team intends to have a permanent general manager in place by the end of the regular season.
“I’d like to have a GM in place before the season ends,” Hall said. “You
allow teams to get through the draft, get through the trade deadline
and then start the ball rolling (in the interview process).”
Hall has praised interim general manager Jerry DiPoto since he took over for Josh Byrnes in July, however he said he “owes it to the organization” to go through with the interview process. DiPoto will be considered for the full-time gig, among five to 10 candidates.
According to Piecoro, former Padres general manager Kevin Towers, Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White and Yankees vice president Darren Oppenheimer are some of the other rumored candidates.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)