Aug 27, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez, who was held out of Thursday’s lineup because it was a day game after a night game, is not in Friday’s starting lineup, either. Don’t look into it too much yet, though. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, Dodgers manager Joe Torre insisted that that there’s nothing fishy going on.
Nope, he apparently intended to bench Ramirez against Friday’s starter Ubaldo Jimenez all along.
“Manny is out of the lineup because he hasn’t been back long enough and I
don’t think he is sharp enough to face Jimenez.”
Ramirez is 1-for-13 with six strikeouts in his career against Jimenez, so I guess we’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, it won’t silence those who think he’s being benched because the club is deep in trade talks with the White Sox.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)