Aug 27, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez, who was held out of Thursday’s lineup because it was a day game after a night game, is not in Friday’s starting lineup, either. Don’t look into it too much yet, though. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, Dodgers manager Joe Torre insisted that that there’s nothing fishy going on.
Nope, he apparently intended to bench Ramirez against Friday’s starter Ubaldo Jimenez all along.
“Manny is out of the lineup because he hasn’t been back long enough and I
don’t think he is sharp enough to face Jimenez.”
Ramirez is 1-for-13 with six strikeouts in his career against Jimenez, so I guess we’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, it won’t silence those who think he’s being benched because the club is deep in trade talks with the White Sox.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 39
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 11
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 29
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)