Aug 27, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez, who was held out of Thursday’s lineup because it was a day game after a night game, is not in Friday’s starting lineup, either. Don’t look into it too much yet, though. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, Dodgers manager Joe Torre insisted that that there’s nothing fishy going on.
Nope, he apparently intended to bench Ramirez against Friday’s starter Ubaldo Jimenez all along.
“Manny is out of the lineup because he hasn’t been back long enough and I
don’t think he is sharp enough to face Jimenez.”
Ramirez is 1-for-13 with six strikeouts in his career against Jimenez, so I guess we’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, it won’t silence those who think he’s being benched because the club is deep in trade talks with the White Sox.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)