Aug 27, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez, who was held out of Thursday’s lineup because it was a day game after a night game, is not in Friday’s starting lineup, either. Don’t look into it too much yet, though. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, Dodgers manager Joe Torre insisted that that there’s nothing fishy going on.
Nope, he apparently intended to bench Ramirez against Friday’s starter Ubaldo Jimenez all along.
“Manny is out of the lineup because he hasn’t been back long enough and I
don’t think he is sharp enough to face Jimenez.”
Ramirez is 1-for-13 with six strikeouts in his career against Jimenez, so I guess we’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, it won’t silence those who think he’s being benched because the club is deep in trade talks with the White Sox.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)