Aug 27, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez, who was held out of Thursday’s lineup because it was a day game after a night game, is not in Friday’s starting lineup, either. Don’t look into it too much yet, though. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, Dodgers manager Joe Torre insisted that that there’s nothing fishy going on.
Nope, he apparently intended to bench Ramirez against Friday’s starter Ubaldo Jimenez all along.
“Manny is out of the lineup because he hasn’t been back long enough and I
don’t think he is sharp enough to face Jimenez.”
Ramirez is 1-for-13 with six strikeouts in his career against Jimenez, so I guess we’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, it won’t silence those who think he’s being benched because the club is deep in trade talks with the White Sox.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)