Aug 27, 2010, 9:42 AM EDT
UPDATE: Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post tweets that the conference call is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. ET.
8:14 AM: This sounds promising.
The Nationals will hold a conference call sometime between 9 a.m. ET and noon today to announce the results of Stephen Strasburg’s MRI arthogram, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
An MRI on Sunday confirmed the initial diagnosis of a strained flexor tendon in Strasburg’s right forearm. The current speculation is that he will be shut down for the season regardless of the results of the exam, but there’s always the chance that he may need Tommy John surgery, which would almost certainly cost him all of next season.
We’ll have an update as soon as one is made available.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)