Aug 27, 2010, 9:42 AM EDT
UPDATE: Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post tweets that the conference call is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. ET.
8:14 AM: This sounds promising.
The Nationals will hold a conference call sometime between 9 a.m. ET and noon today to announce the results of Stephen Strasburg’s MRI arthogram, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
An MRI on Sunday confirmed the initial diagnosis of a strained flexor tendon in Strasburg’s right forearm. The current speculation is that he will be shut down for the season regardless of the results of the exam, but there’s always the chance that he may need Tommy John surgery, which would almost certainly cost him all of next season.
We’ll have an update as soon as one is made available.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims