Aug 27, 2010, 9:42 AM EST
UPDATE: Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post tweets that the conference call is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. ET.
8:14 AM: This sounds promising.
The Nationals will hold a conference call sometime between 9 a.m. ET and noon today to announce the results of Stephen Strasburg’s MRI arthogram, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
An MRI on Sunday confirmed the initial diagnosis of a strained flexor tendon in Strasburg’s right forearm. The current speculation is that he will be shut down for the season regardless of the results of the exam, but there’s always the chance that he may need Tommy John surgery, which would almost certainly cost him all of next season.
We’ll have an update as soon as one is made available.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)