Aug 27, 2010, 9:42 AM EST
UPDATE: Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post tweets that the conference call is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. ET.
8:14 AM: This sounds promising.
The Nationals will hold a conference call sometime between 9 a.m. ET and noon today to announce the results of Stephen Strasburg’s MRI arthogram, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
An MRI on Sunday confirmed the initial diagnosis of a strained flexor tendon in Strasburg’s right forearm. The current speculation is that he will be shut down for the season regardless of the results of the exam, but there’s always the chance that he may need Tommy John surgery, which would almost certainly cost him all of next season.
We’ll have an update as soon as one is made available.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 10
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 28
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)