Aug 27, 2010, 9:42 AM EST
UPDATE: Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post tweets that the conference call is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. ET.
8:14 AM: This sounds promising.
The Nationals will hold a conference call sometime between 9 a.m. ET and noon today to announce the results of Stephen Strasburg’s MRI arthogram, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
An MRI on Sunday confirmed the initial diagnosis of a strained flexor tendon in Strasburg’s right forearm. The current speculation is that he will be shut down for the season regardless of the results of the exam, but there’s always the chance that he may need Tommy John surgery, which would almost certainly cost him all of next season.
We’ll have an update as soon as one is made available.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)