Aug 27, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
I tend to think the answer is a pretty obvious “no” here.
After all, Stephen Strasburg averaged just 77 pitches per start in the minors and 92 pitches per start in the majors, never cracking even 100 pitches for the Nationals. If anything, his only big workloads came in college at San Diego State, where he regularly threw more pitches than the Nationals would have been comfortable with. Sometimes, pitchers just get hurt.
What say you?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17