Aug 27, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
I tend to think the answer is a pretty obvious “no” here.
After all, Stephen Strasburg averaged just 77 pitches per start in the minors and 92 pitches per start in the majors, never cracking even 100 pitches for the Nationals. If anything, his only big workloads came in college at San Diego State, where he regularly threw more pitches than the Nationals would have been comfortable with. Sometimes, pitchers just get hurt.
What say you?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)