Aug 28, 2010, 8:28 PM EDT
More bad news on the Tommy John front.
According to The Sports Network, via the Miami Herald, White Sox reliever Erick Threets has been diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left arm and is likely to require the major reconstructive elbow surgery.
Threets, 28, has not allowed an earned run in 12.1 innings with the White Sox this season and probably would have played a fairly large role in the club’s bullpen down the stretch. Instead, he’s been shut down for the rest of 2010 and might not be back until the start of the 2012 season.
The White Sox officially placed Threets on the disabled list Saturday, calling up reliever Carlos Torres in a corresponding move.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)