Aug 28, 2010, 8:28 PM EDT
More bad news on the Tommy John front.
According to The Sports Network, via the Miami Herald, White Sox reliever Erick Threets has been diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left arm and is likely to require the major reconstructive elbow surgery.
Threets, 28, has not allowed an earned run in 12.1 innings with the White Sox this season and probably would have played a fairly large role in the club’s bullpen down the stretch. Instead, he’s been shut down for the rest of 2010 and might not be back until the start of the 2012 season.
The White Sox officially placed Threets on the disabled list Saturday, calling up reliever Carlos Torres in a corresponding move.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)