Aug 28, 2010, 8:28 PM EDT
More bad news on the Tommy John front.
According to The Sports Network, via the Miami Herald, White Sox reliever Erick Threets has been diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left arm and is likely to require the major reconstructive elbow surgery.
Threets, 28, has not allowed an earned run in 12.1 innings with the White Sox this season and probably would have played a fairly large role in the club’s bullpen down the stretch. Instead, he’s been shut down for the rest of 2010 and might not be back until the start of the 2012 season.
The White Sox officially placed Threets on the disabled list Saturday, calling up reliever Carlos Torres in a corresponding move.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)