Aug 28, 2010, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside the Rockies, Manuel Corpas has told friends that he expects to undergo Tommy John surgery.
As I told you on Thursday, Corpas left Wednesday’s game against the Braves due to elbow soreness. The Rockies placed him on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Like Stephen Strasburg, Corpas is scheduled to receive a second opinion on his elbow, however he is eventually expected to undergo surgery.
Corpas, 27, is 3-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 10 saves in 56 relief appearances with the
Rockies this season, posting a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings. If he opts for Tommy John surgery, Corpas would likely miss the entire 2011 season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)