Aug 28, 2010, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside the Rockies, Manuel Corpas has told friends that he expects to undergo Tommy John surgery.
As I told you on Thursday, Corpas left Wednesday’s game against the Braves due to elbow soreness. The Rockies placed him on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Like Stephen Strasburg, Corpas is scheduled to receive a second opinion on his elbow, however he is eventually expected to undergo surgery.
Corpas, 27, is 3-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 10 saves in 56 relief appearances with the
Rockies this season, posting a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings. If he opts for Tommy John surgery, Corpas would likely miss the entire 2011 season.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)