Aug 28, 2010, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside the Rockies, Manuel Corpas has told friends that he expects to undergo Tommy John surgery.
As I told you on Thursday, Corpas left Wednesday’s game against the Braves due to elbow soreness. The Rockies placed him on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Like Stephen Strasburg, Corpas is scheduled to receive a second opinion on his elbow, however he is eventually expected to undergo surgery.
Corpas, 27, is 3-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 10 saves in 56 relief appearances with the
Rockies this season, posting a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings. If he opts for Tommy John surgery, Corpas would likely miss the entire 2011 season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)