Aug 28, 2010, 12:08 PM EST
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside the Rockies, Manuel Corpas has told friends that he expects to undergo Tommy John surgery.
As I told you on Thursday, Corpas left Wednesday’s game against the Braves due to elbow soreness. The Rockies placed him on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Like Stephen Strasburg, Corpas is scheduled to receive a second opinion on his elbow, however he is eventually expected to undergo surgery.
Corpas, 27, is 3-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 10 saves in 56 relief appearances with the
Rockies this season, posting a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings. If he opts for Tommy John surgery, Corpas would likely miss the entire 2011 season.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 44
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 74
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 12
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)