Aug 28, 2010, 12:08 PM EST
According to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside the Rockies, Manuel Corpas has told friends that he expects to undergo Tommy John surgery.
As I told you on Thursday, Corpas left Wednesday’s game against the Braves due to elbow soreness. The Rockies placed him on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Like Stephen Strasburg, Corpas is scheduled to receive a second opinion on his elbow, however he is eventually expected to undergo surgery.
Corpas, 27, is 3-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 10 saves in 56 relief appearances with the
Rockies this season, posting a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings. If he opts for Tommy John surgery, Corpas would likely miss the entire 2011 season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)