Aug 28, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa introduced Albert Pujols at this afternoon’s “Restoring Honor” rally in Washington. The event was organized by Glenn Beck and featured former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
Pujols was presented with the “Hope” award for his off-field charitable work. As Aaron noted yesterday, Pujols and La Russa only agreed to be a part of the rally if it was an apolitical event. While some may judge them by their association with the event, it shouldn’t be surprising to learn that neither said anything controversial.
Here’s the video:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)