Aug 28, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa introduced Albert Pujols at this afternoon’s “Restoring Honor” rally in Washington. The event was organized by Glenn Beck and featured former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
Pujols was presented with the “Hope” award for his off-field charitable work. As Aaron noted yesterday, Pujols and La Russa only agreed to be a part of the rally if it was an apolitical event. While some may judge them by their association with the event, it shouldn’t be surprising to learn that neither said anything controversial.
Here’s the video:
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8