Video: Tony La Russa and Albert Pujols speak at Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally

Aug 28, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa introduced Albert Pujols at this afternoon’s “Restoring Honor” rally in Washington. The event was organized by Glenn Beck and featured former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
Pujols was presented with the “Hope” award for his off-field charitable work. As Aaron noted yesterday, Pujols and La Russa only agreed to be a part of the rally if it was an apolitical event. While some may judge them by their association with the event, it shouldn’t be surprising to learn that neither said anything controversial.
Here’s the video:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

1. asdfghjkl - Aug 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I’d rather work for the Huffington Post than Fixed News. Go suck Sarah Palin’s @$$.

2. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Ugh – that’s a bit severe, don’t you think? Sarah Palin’s…no, I can’t even visualize it. I mean, I don’t treat my bacteria with that kind of contempt. Even a neoconman deserves a little compassion.
    Anyway, you know why Demos is really upset about the Huffington Post, right? He’s been mislead – deliberately, by all appearances – about who Jennifer Aniston is dating this week.

3. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM

There’s a good example – maybe better than the obsessive use of “spew” – of how right wingers think in cliches and stereotypes. Frankly, I find Keith Olbermann almost as obnoxious in his own way as Sean Hannity (although Beck, pompous windbag that he is, would be an asshole in a class by himself no matter what his ideological persuasion was). These people trade in sound bytes and traffic in buzzwords and don’t think on their own two feet well or often. Now Demo here, in his semi-literate mental reflexivity (“your” should be spelled “you’re,” which is a contraction of “you are” – did you make it through third grade?) assumes that I listen to liberal pundits without bothering to ask, in the finest tradition of the intellectual curiosity that characterizes the American right.
    But just so you won’t have to trouble your neat assortment of truisms with the effort required to assimilate new information, the liberal thinker – as opposed to pundit – I listen to most is Thom Hartmann. Left wing ideologues get impatient with his thoughtfulness too, but you can actually watch analytical consideration of an issue unfold as you listen to him. The next time you discover a moment of genuine analysis in Beck, Hannity or Limbaugh, mark it on the calendar. In a hundred years it’ll be a feast day.

4. Lans Downe - Aug 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I would say all media is biased, none is immune, and that to ignore or rationalize the legitimacy of such bias simply reflects your own.

5. demo3356 - Aug 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

You mean Fox News? The #1 Cable News network, whose ratings beat PMSNBC and CNN combined? Yeah, I see why you’d rather work for some lame ass Blog..Makes sense….You still living in your parents basement there you Liberal, Lemming, Douche Bag?

6. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM

And I would say that, having just pointed out that liberal media is as biased as right wing media, to have you say that I ignore media bias would reflect your apparent inability either to read what’s been written or to interpret it according to the stack of cliches that already overdetermine what passes for thought in your case.

7. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

“Spew” again. I bet I could count the entire store of words in your brain on an abacus. And a small one, at that.

8. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM

No one ever claimed there weren’t a whole bunch of illiterate, gullible, gutter-level lowlives out there, ones like you, who have to resort to repeating the same barn-reared juvenile insults over and over as opposed actually to discussing an issue. This is, of course, consistent with the quality of discourse on the Trailer Park Network itself. The sale of tabloids whose covers feature Paris Hilton, Jennifer Aniston and the Kardashians (whomever or whatever they are) and traffic in completely apocryphal stories about them outsell a lot of serious newspapers and journals, proving pretty much the same thing.

9. demo3356 - Aug 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

LOL, so everyone who disagrees with your misguided Political views is a knuckledragging, illiterate, gullible, gutter-level lowlife? You Liberals are such sad, angry people…Its a shame..Too much education in snotty upper level, left wing colleges, not enough time with Family or Family values… really pity you angry little Liberals….It is why you have to spend all your time Blathering about Politics on a sports blog…Because you have no friends and nobody to talk to…

10. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM

No, not everyone who disagrees with me is an illiterate, kuckledrooling (contracted for convenience), dimwitted, gullible, gutter level lowlife. I mean, specifically, that you are. And you continue to resort to the most juvenile possible rhetorical ploys, as if they weren’t as old as Methuselah and as worn out as the sprockets in an adding machine, not to mention boring. This may come as a shock to you but referring to your correspondents as “douchebags” is not exactly considered acceptable in civilized society, especially conservative civilized society, and I suspect that if you spoke the way you write here at a meeting of, say, your local chapter of Judicial Watch or at your local church pancake breakfast, they’d probably ask you to do the dishes while they finished up their conversations.
    As far as illiteracy, incidentally, one forms the contraction of “it is” as “it’s,” not “its,” nor does one capitalize nouns willy-nilly in the midst of sentences unless they’re proper names. One of the things we learned at those snotty upper level left wing colleges (I got my BA and first MA at Fordham University, that bastion of atheistic socialist subversion) was how to spell, punctuate, capitalize and construct proper English syntax. Wherever you went – although this may be an idle point, since you sound like you’re about 14 years old – if you were ever even taught these fundamentals, you either weren’t paying attention or you were sleeping through your classes.
    As I wrote above, I subscribe to the National Review and The Economist, both pretty conservative publications, where one occasionally encounters thoughtful responses to issues at large, as opposed to the blatant idiocy one encounters at Tea Party rallies. I also number some pretty conservative, albeit thoughtful as opposed to illiterate and vulgar, people among my closest friends. But you are right about one meager issue embedded in your infantile rants: progressives are angry. We live in a country that for the better part of the past decade has squandered its once vast resources on two bungled wars, emasculated our health and environmental regulatory organs, slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians while claiming with a straight face we were doing it for their own good, pursued economic policies that had disenfranchised six and a half million of our own workers by the end of the Bush debacle and then stigmatized them as malingerers, watched a government-sponsored attempt to wage war on gay Americans in contravention of our most important Constitutional safeguards against collaboration of church and state unfold and continue to glorify the barbaric practice of capital punishment while the rest of the civilized world looked upon us with disgust, and winked while superstition made inroads against science in our school system. Seems to me these are things worth getting angry about. Glad they’re all OK with you.

11. asdfghjkl - Aug 30, 2010 at 4:50 AM

I hope everyone that disagrees with me gets killed in an automobile accident today. HA!
    Screw all of you. Dumb jocks!!!

Pitching duel highlights Game 1 of WS