Aug 29, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
This isn’t good. Or it might be fine. You know, one of those.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez was lifted from Sunday’s game against the Braves due to lightheadedness.
Hanley hit a single to open the third inning then slid hard into second base on a Dan Uggla infield single that followed. He motioned for the training staff soon after and appeared to be holding his chest while walking off the field.
Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus suspects that Ramirez might have been pulled due to an irregular heartbeat, but that hasn’t been confirmed. Donny Murphy replaced him at shortstop.
Frisaro says the temperature at Atlanta’s Turner Field today is 82 degrees, so it’s not like dehydration or heat exhaustion would have been an issue.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 71
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)