Aug 29, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
This isn’t good. Or it might be fine. You know, one of those.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez was lifted from Sunday’s game against the Braves due to lightheadedness.
Hanley hit a single to open the third inning then slid hard into second base on a Dan Uggla infield single that followed. He motioned for the training staff soon after and appeared to be holding his chest while walking off the field.
Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus suspects that Ramirez might have been pulled due to an irregular heartbeat, but that hasn’t been confirmed. Donny Murphy replaced him at shortstop.
Frisaro says the temperature at Atlanta’s Turner Field today is 82 degrees, so it’s not like dehydration or heat exhaustion would have been an issue.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)