Aug 29, 2010, 1:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: Teixeira has been scratched, reports Marc Carig of the Newark Star-Ledger. Nick Swisher will play first base and Austin Kearns is in right field.
11:59 AM: Yankees slugger Mark Teixeira was lifted from Saturday’s game in the third inning due to a bruised right thumb but is back in the lineup Sunday, batting third and playing first base. This according to Erik Boland of New York’s Newsday.
Teixeira still has to make it through batting practice before he is officially cleared to play, but it certainly looks like all is well.
He injured the thumb on Friday night while making a diving attempt at a ball in foul territory and felt discomfort in his only at-bat Saturday.
The Yankees are currently tied with the Rays for first place atop the American League East.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)