Aug 29, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Astros closer Matt Lindstrom was placed on the 15-day disabled list in mid-August with back spasms. He was expected to miss the minimum and return to the back end of Houston’s bullpen by September 1. Now it appears that won’t happen.
Lindstrom is still dealing with back spasms, according to Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle, and decided to scratch himself from a bullpen session Saturday. He won’t be starting a scheduled rehab assignment on Monday, either, and will sit idle indefinitely until his back spasms are no longer causing discomfort.
For now, Brandon Lyon will continue to close games for the surging Astros. He has not allowed an earned run since August 11 and he’s converted seven-of-seven save chances this month. Houston has won six of its last seven games.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona