Aug 29, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Astros closer Matt Lindstrom was placed on the 15-day disabled list in mid-August with back spasms. He was expected to miss the minimum and return to the back end of Houston’s bullpen by September 1. Now it appears that won’t happen.
Lindstrom is still dealing with back spasms, according to Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle, and decided to scratch himself from a bullpen session Saturday. He won’t be starting a scheduled rehab assignment on Monday, either, and will sit idle indefinitely until his back spasms are no longer causing discomfort.
For now, Brandon Lyon will continue to close games for the surging Astros. He has not allowed an earned run since August 11 and he’s converted seven-of-seven save chances this month. Houston has won six of its last seven games.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)