Aug 29, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
Astros closer Matt Lindstrom was placed on the 15-day disabled list in mid-August with back spasms. He was expected to miss the minimum and return to the back end of Houston’s bullpen by September 1. Now it appears that won’t happen.
Lindstrom is still dealing with back spasms, according to Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle, and decided to scratch himself from a bullpen session Saturday. He won’t be starting a scheduled rehab assignment on Monday, either, and will sit idle indefinitely until his back spasms are no longer causing discomfort.
For now, Brandon Lyon will continue to close games for the surging Astros. He has not allowed an earned run since August 11 and he’s converted seven-of-seven save chances this month. Houston has won six of its last seven games.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)