Aug 29, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Astros closer Matt Lindstrom was placed on the 15-day disabled list in mid-August with back spasms. He was expected to miss the minimum and return to the back end of Houston’s bullpen by September 1. Now it appears that won’t happen.
Lindstrom is still dealing with back spasms, according to Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle, and decided to scratch himself from a bullpen session Saturday. He won’t be starting a scheduled rehab assignment on Monday, either, and will sit idle indefinitely until his back spasms are no longer causing discomfort.
For now, Brandon Lyon will continue to close games for the surging Astros. He has not allowed an earned run since August 11 and he’s converted seven-of-seven save chances this month. Houston has won six of its last seven games.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)