Aug 29, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Astros closer Matt Lindstrom was placed on the 15-day disabled list in mid-August with back spasms. He was expected to miss the minimum and return to the back end of Houston’s bullpen by September 1. Now it appears that won’t happen.
Lindstrom is still dealing with back spasms, according to Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle, and decided to scratch himself from a bullpen session Saturday. He won’t be starting a scheduled rehab assignment on Monday, either, and will sit idle indefinitely until his back spasms are no longer causing discomfort.
For now, Brandon Lyon will continue to close games for the surging Astros. He has not allowed an earned run since August 11 and he’s converted seven-of-seven save chances this month. Houston has won six of its last seven games.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (106)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)