Aug 29, 2010, 2:52 PM EST
The search for Manny Ramirez is over. Or something.
Dodgers manager Joe Torre told Ken Gurnick of MLB.com on Sunday that Manny will be in the club’s starting lineup on Monday night against the Phillies.
Torre gave no reason for Ramirez’s absence over the last four days, only telling reporters Friday that it was partly due to superstition and something about good “energy.” Scott Podsednik has been seeing starts in his place.
The White Sox, remember, claimed the 38-year-old Ramirez off waivers last week. Negotiations have gone nowhere to this point, but the two clubs have until Tuesday to work something out.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)